Just More Proof Metal and Obama don't Mix

Started by MIGMaster, April 18, 2012, 09:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: MIGMaster on April 19, 2012, 09:09:37 AM
As noted above, I think the biggest problem with Nuge is not his right wing views, but his expressive methodology. It totally destroys any credibility his perspective may have. He always struck me as a smart dude - he really needs to take a more articulate approach and get his shit together. Probably too late now to ever be taken in a serious fashion again. Sorta reminds me of Jesse Ventura and his ego-laden approach to any serious issues...

Well, despite the fact that he drinks my flavor of kool-aid (or close enough) I've gotta say that I prefer my entertainers to stick to entertaining and not to politics.

His lack of credible articulation does no more than watching some movie star on the left babble incoherently about whatever cause they support. He should just stick to music since that's what he does best.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: LongBlade on April 19, 2012, 09:16:42 AMI've gotta say that I prefer my entertainers to stick to entertaining and not to politics.

I'll throw the "disagree" flag here :)
I don't mind when people have a significant interest in other things and they express those interests.  I prefer they do it in a better fashion that Ted has, but Reagan didn't exactly stick to acting, and Bill Bradley didn't exactly stick to basketball, and both of them turned out OK.

Heck, most of us are here well outside our daily swim lanes, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

It bothers me when I hear criticism of people spouting off about causes/interests outside of their chose profession, because the criticism is virtually always "(s)he should stick to..."

I don't buy that for a second.  I have no problem with people exploring interests away from their chose profession.

I prefer they do it from an educated and well-informed frame of reference (which *rarely* happens) but even if I disagree with much of Al Franken's politics, I would never say "he should stick to comedy writing" just because he has a political opinion he wants to express. 

Heck, if all Curt Shilling did was stick to baseball, MMP probably wouldn't be churning out ASL products.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Meh. I bristle when Danny Glover love hugs Hugo Chavez. YMMV.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: LongBlade on April 19, 2012, 09:31:58 AM
Meh. I bristle when Danny Glover love hugs Hugo Chavez. YMMV.

I think it's a dumb move that I disagree with, but I'm not going to tell him he can't make a dumb move just b/c he's an actor.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Windigo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 19, 2012, 07:25:05 AM
Its really easy for some of you to just write Ted off as a right wing nut.  Apparently, you haven't really listened to much of what he has to say.  I suppose one person's right wing nut is another person's patriot who is not afraid to openly defend his constitutional rights.

Anyone who thinks Ted Nugent is an actual threat is a moron.  Trust me, the President and his administration pose a much greater threat.

Do I agree with how Ted tried to make his point? Not really, he could have been more eloquent and concise. That being said, I do not believe he was really threatening the life of the President.

Bottom line Jarhead (notice your full name) is he made a very disparaging remark about your democratically elected president... that, like it or not ,is still strongly supported. And if guys like Ted keep saying shit like that, Obama will get another 4 years. So go on... publicly support that asshat... it'll give you 4 more years of what you deserve.

and you know I'm right....
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Centurion40

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 19, 2012, 07:51:46 AM
I saw him open for Kiss in Columbia, SC about a decade ago, when the flap was still going on about removing the Confederate battle flag from the State House.  When the curtain went up, he was standing there at attention, saluting, wearing a Confederate flag jacket.  HUGE cheer from the crowd.

Later in the show, after the jacket was off, he made a comment about "America - love it or leave it."  I think he missed the irony of that comment vis-a-vis the Confederate secession.

LOL!
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Quote from: Windigo on April 19, 2012, 11:32:54 AM
Bottom line Jarhead (notice your full name) is he made a very disparaging remark about your democratically elected president... that, like it or not ,is still strongly supported. And if guys like Ted keep saying shit like that, Obama will get another 4 years. So go on... publicly support that asshat... it'll give you 4 more years of what you deserve.

and you know I'm right....

Actually, at the moment, Mr. Obama's poll numbers are fairly bad. Keep in mind things haven't really kicked into full gear, but...um...no. You're wrong.

Windigo

wrong how...that you'll get the government you deserve or that Obama will get back in if dumbass' keep making scary shit comments againsts democrats

LongBlade

Quote from: Windigo on April 19, 2012, 03:22:43 PM
wrong how...that you'll get the government you deserve or that Obama will get back in if dumbass' keep making scary shit comments againsts democrats

Last two polls indicate Romney ahead of Obama. One is within the margin of error. The other not.

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on April 19, 2012, 03:24:42 PM

Last two polls indicate Romney ahead of Obama. One is within the margin of error. The other not.

I think Obama has the cute andf cuddly factor over Romney. Obama unless you guys hit a crisis that requires 'a leader' (like Bush Jr. (heh))

MIGMaster

Just wait 'til all us Canucks sneak across the border and vote like last time  ;)

Windigo

Quote from: MIGMaster on April 19, 2012, 10:29:17 PM

Just wait 'til all us Canucks sneak across the border and vote like last time  ;)

shhhh...they think we just come across the border for cheap dairy

Staggerwing

Here's a little bit of creepy:

I visited this link to read the article just after I visited the link in Pining's thread on replica German Uniforms and guess what advert was at the bottom of the page? Yep, the place that sells the uniforms. I checked again with an anonimous page and no uniform link, just a random advert that changed every time I refreshed. Now I'm probably in Google's database as having nazi sympathies.  Bad Google! >:(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 20, 2012, 07:03:17 AM
Here's a little bit of creepy:

I visited this link to read the article just after I visited the link in Pining's thread on replica German Uniforms and guess what advert was at the bottom of the page? Yep, the place that sells the uniforms. I checked again with an anonimous page and no uniform link, just a random advert that changed every time I refreshed. Now I'm probably in Google's database as having nazi sympathies.  Bad Google! >:(

Heh.

I ordered a dress for my sister for her birthday. Now I'm getting all these dress adverts. I buy one stinking dress as a gift and suddenly every advertising engine in the country thinks I'm a cross-dresser.

I'm less worried about the data mining by private companies - if they do something stupid I just get an ad for something useless. But just imagine this kind of stupidity tied to predicting crime. Then the real keystone kops start partying.