Falklands Olympic ad

Started by Hartford688, May 04, 2012, 10:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartford688

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-17946838

The war memorial bit was particularly insensitive.

I really hope that a populist politician does not make a human disaster over this matter. Enough people dead over these islands.

To be fair, she alternates between annoying Spain and UK. Doesn't just pick on Brits.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-17949350

Let's see what she has planned for the 25th May.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MIGMaster

I suspect the SAS is using his photo for target practice.

Hartford688

I think this was a relevant comment by the FCO:

"We are saddened at this attempt by Argentina to exploit the Games," the British Foreign Office said. "The Olympics is about sport and not politics. The people of the Falklands are British and have chosen to be so. They remain free to chose their own futures both politically and economically and have a right to self-determination. There are three parties to this debate, not just two as Argentina likes to pretend. The islanders just can't be written out of history."

I really hope this all calms down. No need for another stupid war and more dead soldiers. Note that there will be no risk of any dead politicians, conveniently.

If and when the Falkland Islanders themselves decide they want to be Argentinian, then the UK can discuss transferring sovereignty.

But then I'm a Brit.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Her office paid for it. You can always freeze her assets.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

bob48

Quote from: Hartford688 on May 04, 2012, 12:06:08 PM
I think this was a relevant comment by the FCO:

"We are saddened at this attempt by Argentina to exploit the Games," the British Foreign Office said. "The Olympics is about sport and not politics. The people of the Falklands are British and have chosen to be so. They remain free to chose their own futures both politically and economically and have a right to self-determination. There are three parties to this debate, not just two as Argentina likes to pretend. The islanders just can't be written out of history."

I really hope this all calms down. No need for another stupid war and more dead soldiers. Note that there will be no risk of any dead politicians, conveniently.

If and when the Falkland Islanders themselves decide they want to be Argentinian, then the UK can discuss transferring sovereignty.

But then I'm a Brit.

+1 I fully agree with you.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!