Started by mirth, January 24, 2017, 12:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

11 out of 19.  Firmly in the middle of, "Gettin' there."
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Also in the middle of "Gettin' there'.

Didn't those flashbulbs eventually come in cubes of 4?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

I remember the cube flashes!  They sat on top of those small, thin, rectangular cameras.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

trailrunner

Quote from: MetalDog on December 29, 2017, 07:22:31 PM
I remember the cube flashes!  They sat on top of those small, thin, rectangular cameras.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 29, 2017, 11:11:31 AM
Quote from: trailrunner on December 29, 2017, 09:09:14 AM
I'm in the "Getting There" category.

ditto

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 29, 2017, 09:31:12 AMThank gawd I'm in the whippersnapper category still...

How?!

Because I don't remember the olden days gramps !!  ;)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Greybriar

Quote from: trailrunner on December 29, 2017, 07:37:53 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 29, 2017, 07:22:31 PM

You found my old camera! I carried it with me in Vietnam until the monsoon rains ruined it. *sniff*
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Staggerwing

Jumping forward a decade or so- anyone remember going to the video rental store and bringing home not just some VHS tapes but also a VHS player embedded in a big plastic suitcase that you had to hook up to the rabbit-ears lead screws on your TV?

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

trailrunner

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 29, 2017, 08:49:07 PM
Jumping forward a decade or so- anyone remember going to the video rental store and bringing home not just some VHS tapes but also a VHS player embedded in a big plastic suitcase that you had to hook up to the rabbit-ears lead screws on your TV?

I remember that.

Back then, we also had to ask "betamax or VHS?"

BanzaiCat

When I managed a Hollywood Video, we rented VHS players and PS1 game consoles.

I never understood why someone would want to rent an entire VHS player...they were cheap-ass units, bulky, and generally a PITA to use, but rent them people did.

Staggerwing

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 29, 2017, 09:58:03 PM
When I managed a Hollywood Video, we rented VHS players and PS1 game consoles.

I never understood why someone would want to rent an entire VHS player...they were cheap-ass units, bulky, and generally a PITA to use, but rent them people did.

Back in the early-to-mid 80's those things cost a lot. Renting one would be your only option if you couldn't buy one.

GDS_Starfury

like hookers vs wife cost benefit analysis.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

Those flash cubes were a lot of fun. We used to wait until my Dad went to make himself a drink and put those in the ice trays instead.  :2funny:  After a couple of Wild Turkey & Water's, he didn't care. "Damn, these ice cubes last a long time".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 29, 2017, 07:38:51 PM
Because I don't remember the olden days gramps !!  ;)

your kid is older than either of mine :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on December 29, 2017, 05:50:07 PM
Is Windy European dirt?

I love the smell of mimeograph paper in the morning.,...
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.