Another GrogHeads Lair?

Started by LongBlade, July 17, 2012, 12:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

It looks like another potential lair is going to come on the market. w00t!

QuoteThe world's last underwater research laboratory could be shut down for good, lacking a few million dollars in federal funding.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/07/17/world-last-undersea-lab-could-shutdown-for-good
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on July 17, 2012, 12:53:45 PM
looks fairly zombie-proof.

I'm thinking there are a lot of good qualities to it.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm down with it if you guys are.  I'm just wondering how we're gonna vent 40Cent's....uhhh...emissions.  Carbon scrubbers can only do so much.

Centurion40

Don't worry, in the past 3 years I've become far too claustrophobic to step foot in a submerged domicile or vessel.  I'll be phoning it in!
Any time is a good time for pie.

TheCommandTent

I'm not sure I would want to be with any of ya'll in that thing for any extended period of time.

Just sayin'   :P
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 17, 2012, 07:34:00 PM
I'm not sure I would want to be with any of ya'll in that thing for any extended period of time.

Well, I have a confession.

I was thinking of putting a tie on the doorknob and hanging out with a date most of the time.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on July 17, 2012, 08:18:28 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 17, 2012, 07:34:00 PM

Well, I have a confession.

I was thinking of putting a tie on the doorknob and hanging out with a date most of the time.

What ever floats your boat....   :P

*ducks
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Arctic Blast

From that exterior shot, I don't see much room for our whiskey and beer storage needs, much less the Grogheads strip club

Toonces

Great thread, but what a bummer.  When I separated from the Navy and started my brief civilian life before being recalled, I almost...almost...got a job working on that. 

What a cool place to work (or live, whatever, but we're going to need more room for beer for sure).
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Keunert

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: LongBlade on July 17, 2012, 12:44:17 PM
Tell me this isn't bad @$$

Looks like something out of a Roger Corman movie version of 'The Abyss'.
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Staggerwing

One almost expects to see it suddenly start to walk across the sea floor on those big legs. Now that would be bad-ass!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 18, 2012, 05:37:26 AM
One almost expects to see it suddenly start to walk across the sea floor on those big legs. Now that would be bad-ass!

That's kinda where I was going with it. I think Kenny has spent too much time in the thin mountain air.