ARMA 2 Server - Interest?

Started by DV8, July 19, 2012, 08:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

BAF is the British Armed Forces DLC.  What the game is telling you is that you don't have it installed so if you end up in a server using BAF gear, you end up with the "BAF lite" version.  I think that means you can only drive or pilot vehicles from the exterior view, unit skins are very low resolution, and weapons sights are blurry and have lowered functionality. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 21, 2012, 07:25:51 PM
Is there an option to use a game controller or, better yet, joystick for vehicles?

Yes you can use joysticks, pedals, throttles, controllers, and TrackIR in the game. 

TheCommandTent

I just tried to find the server but I couldn't.  I clicked the filter button and then put in the server number and nothing came up.  Does that mean the server is not up or did I do it wrong?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

I was able to connect using the'Remote' button and then entering the address (66.225.235.130:2902) in the popup box.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

Just type "grogheads" into the filter and it should come up.

TheCommandTent

Do I need the Private Military Company or British Forces DLC?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nope.  If you end up in a mission using items found in either of those 2 DLCs, you'll get the "lite" [sic] version.  You can still use it but the textures will be very low res.

Here's a video showing the difference between full and "lite".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQoHjZ4c0OQ

DV8

If the server prompts you for a password it is Grogheads.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

Staggerwing

I was on for a brief time trying to get my sea legs but had to drop out due to fatigue. Also, I need to make a new character with my Grogheads' name for next time, Probably 'Staggerwing_GH'. What do the rest of you guys use for name? It'd be good to know ahead of time.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

DV8

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 22, 2012, 06:13:08 AM
I was on for a brief time trying to get my sea legs but had to drop out due to fatigue. Also, I need to make a new character with my Grogheads' name for next time, Probably 'Staggerwing_GH'. What do the rest of you guys use for name? It'd be good to know ahead of time.

I'm DV8.  I like the idea of putting GH or something in front or behind that name.

LongBlade

Quote from: DV8 on July 22, 2012, 06:31:14 AM

I'm DV8.  I like the idea of putting GH or something in front or behind that name.

The typical gaming convention is to put something like [GH]LongBlade
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

DV8

Quote from: LongBlade on July 22, 2012, 10:09:20 AM
Quote from: DV8 on July 22, 2012, 06:31:14 AM

The typical gaming convention is to put something like [GH]LongBlade

Sounds like a plan.

I've loaded what looks like a good 6 (or 8, can't remember) Co-Op mission if anyone wants to join Nam and I tonight.  I think we need about 5 or more to make it works since there is no AI for the attacker.

LongBlade

I've got a conference call tonight. Not sure exactly when but I'll try to jump on at some point.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Huw the Poo

I'd love to play this with you guys but I only get to play UK evenings so I doubt I'd see you much.  Isn't there a mod or built-in multiplayer mode that keeps some kind of battle raging 24/7?  Not that I'd expect you to switch to that just for my benefit of course, but it's an idea innit.

DV8

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 22, 2012, 12:21:02 PM
I'd love to play this with you guys but I only get to play UK evenings so I doubt I'd see you much.  Isn't there a mod or built-in multiplayer mode that keeps some kind of battle raging 24/7?  Not that I'd expect you to switch to that just for my benefit of course, but it's an idea innit.

Good point.  The server is now running a persistent OA Mountain Fighting scenario.  I'll run this until folks get board of it.