Author Topic: Pacific Tide Vassel?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
Pacific Tide Vassel?
« on: March 10, 2020, 09:29:39 PM »
Anyone interested in attempting a Vassal Game of Pacific Tide (Compass Games)?  I have a review coming out very soon.

This is a "stretch" for me since I've not played by email before nor by Vassal.  But I have the game, it is short, and this is as good of a game as any to try out.  Looking to start in mid-April.

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
  • Honus Wagner - "The Flying Dutchman"
Re: Pacific Tide Vassel?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 10:03:02 PM »
I would normally be "all in" for a vassal game...but tapped out at the moment. But interested to hear how it goes.
Honus Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 07:29:28 AM »
Same; with Mom still recuperating, I had to trim down my multiplayer card already. Certainly want to, though! I hope someone takes you up on it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Open your heart
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 09:43:50 AM »
I'd be willing to give it a try.  Haven't read the rules yet but willing to learn.  I have the Vassal module but have also never played a Vassal game against an email opponent. 
We battle not against flesh and blood...

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 10:04:27 AM »
I'd be willing to give it a try.  Haven't read the rules yet but willing to learn.  I have the Vassal module but have also never played a Vassal game against an email opponent.

Sounds good.  Why don't you read up on the rules and decide if you want to play Japan or the US.  I'm thinking a mid-April start.  Turns should go very fast.

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Open your heart
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 04:35:39 PM »

Sounds good.  Why don't you read up on the rules and decide if you want to play Japan or the US.  I'm thinking a mid-April start.  Turns should go very fast.

Mid April start sounds great.  I'll read up and familiarize myself with the game.
We battle not against flesh and blood...