Neptune's Pride II: Triton Groghead MP game with AAR

Started by Keunert, May 13, 2013, 02:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keunert

I've been enjoying this game lately and have so far 4 mp games under my belt. it really is a non luck simple multiplayer game, free to play. it is slow real time and the most fun comes from the diplomacy style backstabbing and alliance building.
if some of you would be interested: we need 8 players and the game needs probably 3 times 5 to 10 minutes a day to play it properly.

if we could get 8 players we could start a groghead mp and do an aar. let me know what you think!
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Keunert

btw: Neptune's Pride is 4x game, reduced to some essential stuff: research, fleets and diplomacy:

http://triton.ironhelmet.com
Oscar Wilde

Windigo

JasonPratt

I'm interested, but my browser at work won't load the page.

I'll follow the discussion and check in at the house, though; surely my Firefox updated Win8 there will load the page. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Keunert on May 13, 2013, 02:14:33 AM
I've been enjoying this game lately and have so far 4 mp games under my belt. it really is a non luck simple multiplayer game, free to play. it is slow real time and the most fun comes from the diplomacy style backstabbing and alliance building.
if some of you would be interested: we need 8 players and the game needs probably 3 times 5 to 10 minutes a day to play it properly.

if we could get 8 players we could start a groghead mp and do an aar. let me know what you think!

so do we all need to be online at the same time?

Keunert

no. it plays a little like a boardgame in real time. every 24h a circle finishes, meaning you get money based on your banking research and economy infrastructure. you then spend the money to invest in building three types of infrastructure on stars: economy (cash), industry (ships) or science (research). and you spend money to build carriers that will be filled with ships. or you can send money to allies or use money to trade tech.

you will have to check like three times a day to do the investments, writing or answering requests / threats by the other players and adjust fleet movement. a fleet will need at least some hours to reach another star or even a day. there is no chat, so you do not have to be online at the same time or often.

it's an easy game that is hard to master. there's an enjoyable aar on rock,paper, shotgun.

and here is an introduction video:
Oscar Wilde

Windigo

Arctic Blast

TheCommandTent

I'll played this a couple times a while ago and each game the winner was the person who could log on most often and micro manage their fleets.  While the game was fun I kept getting frustrated that while at work everyone else with computer access was taking my territory.  By the time I got home I could react but it was usually to late.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

undercovergeek

Priorities TCT - fleet management first THEN work

TheCommandTent

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 15, 2013, 05:37:06 PM
Priorities TCT - fleet management first THEN work

You make it sound like I have a choice :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Keunert

ok here's the current player list:

TheCommandTent
undercovergeek
Arctic Blast
Jason Pratt
Keunert

i will set up the game when we reach 8 players, ok?
or shall we start right away with a smaller map?

i think those of us that played before also could share some of their insights with the more noobish ones. i will share my thoughts tonight.
Oscar Wilde

Windigo

Arctic Blast

Let's wait and see if we get a couple more.

I've only played twice, and that was a fair chunk of time ago. So my advice is...uhhh...leave my area of space alone because I'm crazy...never know what I'll do... :o

undercovergeek

Barthheart

Sure put me in... another chance to beat Keunert is always worth it.  ;)

Keunert

Le Barth, i vaguely remember kicking you out of France. nice to meet you again, i shall be your Sempbach!
Oscar Wilde

Windigo