Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

This looks very interesting...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 23, 2020, 04:18:33 PM
This looks very interesting...

Is this the same game someone was mentioning awhile back where I think the person gave people a sneak peak then?  I am forgetting the name.....or is this something different?  I know this doesn't help much, but I am old and can't remember:)

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Thanks, looks interesting...

al_infierno

"In order to raise awareness of the danger that nuclear weapons pose to our society"

Gosh, if only there were some kind of precedent for that sort of thing... Maybe they could start teaching it in high school?

All snark aside, this does look pretty cool, but is there actually a game or is it just a visualization tool?  Kinda reminds me of DefCon but with prettier graphics.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Phantom

If its a game I fear it will be a fairly short one...

MetalDog

I am sure the reviews will be glowing.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Hopefully, it will yield enough of a fan base for ongoing support.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

airboy

I did something similar, by hand and using a world atlas for a class assignment in a cross listed ROTC/Physics class as an undergrad.  I had 50 30MT nukes and had to maximize population loss.  That was about one nuke sub at the time with MIRVs. 

MODy

Hi everyone! I'm Ivan, the developer of the Nuclear War Simulator. Ask me anything or let me know if you have feature requests or suggestions!

"All snark aside, this does look pretty cool, but is there actually a game or is it just a visualization tool?"
At least right now, there are no game elements as there is no goal to achieve. It is a sandbox, where you can do whatever you want. Later, I will probably add objectives and AI to make things more interesting.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MODy on June 04, 2020, 08:21:10 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Ivan, the developer of the Nuclear War Simulator. Ask me anything or let me know if you have feature requests or suggestions!

"All snark aside, this does look pretty cool, but is there actually a game or is it just a visualization tool?"
At least right now, there are no game elements as there is no goal to achieve. It is a sandbox, where you can do whatever you want. Later, I will probably add objectives and AI to make things more interesting.

Welcome! Glad you made it over.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

There is a real opportunity to make a spiritual successor to Bravo Romeo Delta, and maybe Defcon. 

I hope you'll consider continuing development to make a "game" out of you simulator.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

al_infierno

Quote from: MODy on June 04, 2020, 08:21:10 PM

Thanks for the reply, and welcome!  O0  This looks like a very cool project, and it would be interesting to see basic game elements added.  If a sandbox is all you were going for in the first place, there's certainly nothing wrong with that, but it would be cool to at least have a multiplayer mode where players can pick a country and nuke the crap out of each other.  That might be easier to implement than an AI - but you're the expert here and not me :D

- MengJiao