The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

FlickJax

Nefaro

Anyone else pick up Warlock 2 on Steam for 50% off yet?

Shelldrake

Quote from: Nefaro on July 14, 2014, 09:12:37 AM

I was tempted because of the multiplayer aspect (I wish FE Legendary Heroes had mp) but the review I read was not very positive. Can anyone comment?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

PanzersEast

Quote from: Shelldrake on July 14, 2014, 09:19:12 AM

I was tempted because of the multiplayer aspect (I wish FE Legendary Heroes had mp) but the review I read was not very positive. Can anyone comment?

I have only played SP and the AI was a push over.... to the point it was not fun.  I have not played MP, but the game was 'ok' but not a great leap over the previous version in imho.  Others can comment on the MP aspect, as a SP game I would pass as the AI is just too weak even on the higher settings.

PE

Greybriar

Me! My curiosity got the better of me. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have bothered.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Greybriar on July 14, 2014, 02:02:09 PM

Me! My curiosity got the better of me. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have bothered.

I will resist and keep playing FE Legendary Heroes, which I quite like. I found a mod that improves textures so will be trying it out.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

BanzaiCat

Supreme Commander 2020 Gold Edition is $2.49 on Steam this week.

Nefaro

Quote from: Greybriar on July 14, 2014, 02:02:09 PM

Same.  I had hoped there was enough new stuff in it to make it feel newer but it's still the first Warlock with a few interface improvements and a new game mode that I'm not liking as much.

Jarhead0331

Some good deals on Steam...

Panzer Corps - 50% $9.99
Supreme Ruler 2020 - 75% $2.49
Aggression - 75% $2.49
Horizon 60% $11.99
Breach & Clear 50% $7.49
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on July 08, 2014, 03:31:23 PM
A new Humble Bundle is up, the 2K Bundle for the Price of your Choice (you get to name your price). Minimum price is $1 for Steam keys.

Minimum price of $1 includes:

• BioShock
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  • The Darkness II

If you beat the average price (currently ~$8), you will also receive the above plus:
  • BioShock 2
  • Mafia 2
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • just added XCOM Complete Pack (the original X-COM: UFO Defense (also known as UFO: Enemy Unknown) and the sequel Terror from the Deep alongside their successors, Apocalypse, Interceptor and Enforcer.)

Pay $20 or more to unlock:

• XCOM Enemy Unknown
  • Bioshock Infinite
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Humble Weekly Bundle Simulators 2!

Pay what you want ($1 minimum) and get:

• Universe Sandbox
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious!
  • Out of the Park Baseball 14

Pay $6 or more to unlock!

• Turbo Dismount
  • Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition

Pay $10 or more to unlock!

• Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • Fantasy Paint Jobs Pack Debut!

Think I'll get it just to try out OOTP14  :)

Toonces

I'm a little surprised I'm the first one to post this up...

Elder Scrolls Online on Steam for 50% off ($30) regular edition, 40% off ($47) for Imperial edition.

I'm sitting on the fence between picking it up, and waiting it out to go free to play.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Remind me again what the diff is between editions? More scenery? Can you upgrade later?

I just may take the plunge now.

EDIT: Looks like the biggest difference is you can be an Imperial. And you get a horse. How long would it take to get a horse in the standard edition?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

steve58

Wolfenstein: The New Order (Steam key) $30 at Greenmangaming.  Use voucher P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9 to knock it down to $24.