The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2014, 07:27:14 PM
Damn you people.
MUAHAHAHA-- <breaks down into coughing fit>

(Note to self:  Must make sure throat is sufficiently whetted before breaking out the maniacal laughter...) 

;D

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

airboy

Quote from: steve58 on August 11, 2014, 08:33:47 AM
Matrixgames Deal of the Week is Revolution Under Siege! for $9.99
Today we unveil a new Deal of the Week with Revolution Under Siege! Thanks to our special 50% discount, you will be able to re-fight this intense and pivotal conflict in this historically rich title based on the award-winning AGE game engine for only $ 9.99!

Revolution Under Siege is a simultaneous turn based historical wargame that puts you in charge of one of the factions that fought the Russian Civil War (1917-1923). From a ragtag group of volunteers create the powerful Red Army, using all the weaponry and equipment at your disposal: planes, tanks, armored trains, Cheka troops and the Konarmia (the famous Red Cavalry). Or, on the opposite side, gather all patriots and reform the elite divisions that shall save Holy Mother Russia.

Can you succeed in crushing the Bolshevik hydra? Or will the people's Revolution prevail? Several sides are playable: Trotsky's Red Army, Denikin's white counterrevolutionary forces of Southern Russia, Kolchak's Siberians, Finnish from both sides, or the newly independent Polish troops led by Marshal Piłsudski.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1490/Deal.of.the.Week.-.Revolution.Under.Siege

Strategic Command: Breakthroughs has a better Russian Civil War game IMHO and it comes with lots of other content.

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on August 13, 2014, 11:56:09 AM
Quote from: steve58 on August 11, 2014, 08:33:47 AM
Matrixgames Deal of the Week is Revolution Under Siege! for $9.99
Today we unveil a new Deal of the Week with Revolution Under Siege! Thanks to our special 50% discount, you will be able to re-fight this intense and pivotal conflict in this historically rich title based on the award-winning AGE game engine for only $ 9.99!

Revolution Under Siege is a simultaneous turn based historical wargame that puts you in charge of one of the factions that fought the Russian Civil War (1917-1923). From a ragtag group of volunteers create the powerful Red Army, using all the weaponry and equipment at your disposal: planes, tanks, armored trains, Cheka troops and the Konarmia (the famous Red Cavalry). Or, on the opposite side, gather all patriots and reform the elite divisions that shall save Holy Mother Russia.

Can you succeed in crushing the Bolshevik hydra? Or will the people's Revolution prevail? Several sides are playable: Trotsky's Red Army, Denikin's white counterrevolutionary forces of Southern Russia, Kolchak's Siberians, Finnish from both sides, or the newly independent Polish troops led by Marshal Piłsudski.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1490/Deal.of.the.Week.-.Revolution.Under.Siege

Strategic Command: Breakthroughs has a better Russian Civil War game IMHO and it comes with lots of other content.

That's debatable. 

While I enjoy SCWWI, if I were specifically in the mood for a Russian Civil War grand strategy game my choice would be RUS.

weateallthepies

New bundlestars bundle worth a punt as it includes OOTP 14 for £2.19

Total Pro Golf 3 looks fun too, and World Basketball Tycoon supposed to be fun if you want a real old school type sports sim.

Games:

Pool Nation
FX Football
International Snooker
Total Pro Golf 3
World Basketball Tycoon
Franchise Hcokey Manager 2014
Out of the Park Baseball 14

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/eight-ball-bundle/

Nefaro

Shelldrake

Quote from: Nefaro on August 14, 2014, 01:32:43 PM
Hegemony Rome is 66% off until August 18th.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227060/

Looks interesting. Has anyone played it in its current form? Would you categorize it as Rome 2 lite?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

sandman2575

Hegemony Rome is well worth $10.  That said, the game has had huge growing pains, which seem to be ongoing -- although Longbow is still coming out with regular patches, so they are definitely still supporting the game. 

But for as long as the game has been in gestation, it still doesn't seem as polished as Hegemony Philip of Macedon, the previous installment. Not sure why this project has been apparently so much more challenging for Longbow. 

Wouldn't call it Rome 2 'lite' -- it has as much depth as any TW game, imo.  What it has over TW games is a seamless interface between strategic map and tactical.  You don't have to move pawns on the map, then wait for a battle to load -- it's all real time and for the most part, done very well.  Battles are of course simpler / more abstracted than TW, but still a lot of fun.

Pick it up at this price if you are at all intrigued --

Nefaro

It's not much like the TW series.  More like an RTS focused on supply routes, mixed into a campaign with proper historical progression. 

I liked the original.  It portrayed the theme pretty well even though there really isn't a lot of variety regarding units & such.  My wish was that the sequel's sandbox "diplomacy" would be expanded from just an ever-increasing bribe mechanic to something resembling diplomacy.  Your neighboring AI has only one mode: exterminate the player if he doesn't keep giving that AI faction more & more payoffs over time.  They're like Terminators.  Once their forces spot you they just keep coming until you, or they, are dead.  Or you can't see each other's units/buildings on the map anymore due to fog of war.

I really wished they would have filled that out in this sequel.  It looks as if it is still the same.   :-\  That said, the original was entertaining enough to warrant a sale purchase.  Longbow supported the first one for quite a long time with upgrades and patches so I have no reason to doubt they'll continue the trend.

JasonPratt

Gamersgate has a 75% Warhammer sale this weekend, though what they mean is WH40K properties.

Still, a ton of singles and packs if you haven't gotten everything yet. http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=warhammer&aff=ggnews
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 15, 2014, 01:04:12 PM
Gamersgate has a 75% Warhammer sale this weekend, though what they mean is WH40K properties.

Still, a ton of singles and packs if you haven't gotten everything yet. http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=warhammer&aff=ggnews

I might interested in trying the warhammer series by starting with  one title, any recommendations? Are they all RTS games, not a big fan of RTS  speedy click fest's.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Shelldrake

Quote from: -budd- on August 15, 2014, 02:01:24 PM

I might interested in trying the warhammer series by starting with  one title, any recommendations? Are they all RTS games, not a big fan of RTS  speedy click fest's.

The first series are RTS type games, the second series are more squad-based. Dark Crusade or Dawn of War II each for $5 would in my opinion be good introductions to the series.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Shelldrake on August 15, 2014, 02:42:32 PM
Quote from: -budd- on August 15, 2014, 02:01:24 PM

The first series are RTS type games, the second series are more squad-based. Dark Crusade or Dawn of War II each for $5 would in my opinion be good introductions to the series.

I would suggest getting DOW2: Retribution if you're going to get one of the second series.  There have been some issues with the switch from GFWL DRM to Steam and there have been problems with people not being able to play the first one or two of the DOW2 series lately.  I also ran into that same issue when trying to run the original DOW2 a couple weeks ago, to see if the recent updates had it removed.

Anyway, DOW2: Retribution is the one that was reportedly working for most everyone.   Their patching out of GFWL hasn't been smoothed out yet.

The original DOW series didn't have GFWL so they run just fine.   Both series are rather click-festy, but the first is the one with classic base-building RTS stuff.  Although I think the original DOW series has a larger variety of unit types and such.