The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: republic on December 22, 2014, 01:14:04 PM
Everyone go to Steam and vote for IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad so we can pick it up at 50% off :)  I just saw its in the community vote for tomorrow's sale.

I did my duty, but I'm sure the Twitcher masses will choose something more shallow.

JudgeDredd

ok...ok...I voted for it. But I aint buying it.  :-X
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

I did my duty as well and voted for IL-2 Stalingrad.  I've been eyeing this title for a while now but I hear it's a grindfest in single player just to unlock the rear gunner on a Stuka. 

I also noticed OMSI 2 is on the vote.  I really want that game as well. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

So hold on - Orion Prelude won? It's like <$1!! So more people voted to save 20p than wanted to save £10??? Really?

Talk about  :uglystupid2:
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

DCS Xmas Sale Is On.

"Christmas Sale starting on December 23nd at 15:00 UTC and ending on January 5th at 9-00 UTC, we are offering a huge 70% off sale on most DCS products from our e-shop at:"

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

DCS: F-86F Sabre: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: UH-1H Huey: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight: 49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
DCS: A-10C Warthog: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
DCS: Black Shark 2: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
DCS: P-51D Mustang: $29.99 to $8.99 (70% off)
DCS: Combined Arms: $19.99 to $5.99 (70% off)
F-15C for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
A-10A for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
Su-25 for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
Su-27 for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
DCS: MiG-21Bis: $49.99 to $24.99 (50% off)
DCS: Bf 109 K-4: $49.99 to $39.99 (20% off)

I was tempted to add the Mi-8 and the MiG-21 but I've not been inclined to fly DCS stuff lately so Waffle Waffle.

JudgeDredd

Got everything except Fw190, Bf109 and Combined Arms
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 23, 2014, 01:02:05 PM
So hold on - Orion Prelude won? It's like <$1!! So more people voted to save 20p than wanted to save £10??? Really?

Talk about  :uglystupid2:

Some people are Pence wise and Pound foolish I guess. 

Picked up both IL2 and OMSI 2 since they're both on sale but only for the next 19 hours as of this post.  I really need to watch my budget but sometimes you gotta say feldercarb and just do it!   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

JudgeDredd

I quite like the look of OMSI2 - but it's in German I gather - meaning a bit difficult when it comes to fares and the like

And £20 is too much for what is essentially a bus simulator that I will play for a while. At least Euro Truck Simulator 2 I have a company
Alba gu' brath

Skoop

ED has a Christmas sale going, you can get the mig-21 at half off for 24 bucks.  Well worth it, one of the best modules in the series.

W8taminute

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 23, 2014, 05:57:25 PM
I quite like the look of OMSI2 - but it's in German I gather - meaning a bit difficult when it comes to fares and the like

And £20 is too much for what is essentially a bus simulator that I will play for a while. At least Euro Truck Simulator 2 I have a company

I'm enjoying the game so far although I've only spent time in the tutorials which thankfully are indeed in English.  It's when you need to read the road signs in game that you need to read German.  Plus the tickets that the passengers purchase from you are in German.  Little things like that are only in German.  The UI thankfully has been translated into English. 

This is one tough game to get the hang of however.  Be prepared to YouTube or Google instructions on how to play the game.  The tutorial is a bit weak when trying to teach you the procedure and sequence of starting the bus.  Despite this somewhat steep learning curve this game will entertain me for quite a while but Eurotruck Simulator 2 was much easier to learn than this game. 

The real challenge for me will be trying to learn to fly in IL2-Stalingrad.  It's been ages since I sat down with a full blown flight simulator and I'm a bit daunted by the challenge.

bbmike

Dominions 4 is 75% off at Steam right now!  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

steve58

Gamersgate has SimCity Complete Edition for $13.60 for the next ~21 hrs. I'd probably grab if it wasn't still stuck on Origin only  >:(
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: steve58 on December 26, 2014, 09:34:50 AM
Gamersgate has SimCity Complete Edition for $13.60 for the next ~21 hrs. I'd probably grab if it wasn't still stuck on Origin only  >:(

While we're on the topic, Origin is giving away SimCity 2000 Complete for free. Download it and its yours.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on December 26, 2014, 09:34:50 AM

Thanks for the heads up...bought for my daughter since she likes those sim things....even if not that great, she'll get enough out of it.