Categories:Action, Survival Horror
Publisher:SEGA
Developer:Creative Assembly
DRM:Steamworks (Requires a third-party download and account)"

Don't you get sassy with me boy!   :knuppel2:

Also:

System Requirements:
    Hard Drive: 35 GB available space

Plus all the DLC will take up additional gigs of space on my hard drive and cost more than the base game.

So I decided to give it a pass and not add it to the backlog of games I already have.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

BanzaiCat

^ Holy crap  :o

Thanks for pointing that out, Greybriar. It's a game I'm scared to death of playing but oddly have been waiting for a mega-sale. No way I could fit that on my old decrepit hard drive.

JasonPratt

Haven't played it, but my impression is that it has pretty good replayability since the Alien behaves so randomly. Even on one playthrough you're likely to have to reload an area more than once (thus replaying it) due to that!  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, I'm a bit wishing I had thought to pick up a Steam version of XCOM Complete (with EW etc.) when it was on sale a week or two ago at half off.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Greybriar

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 27, 2015, 08:08:39 AM
Meanwhile, I'm a bit wishing I had thought to pick up a Steam version of XCOM Complete (with EW etc.) when it was on sale a week or two ago at half off.

The Humble Store is offering the XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack for $12.49 U.S. It includes:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    XCOM: Enemy Within
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot Pack
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

Hmm...I admit I don't know much about XCOM. Never played any iteration of it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

...that... that can't be possibly right, Gus.

That had to be satire.

JasonPratt

In case that wasn't satire...

GET IT NOW!

It's about 50% off and 10% of what you pay goes to charity. Get it now. If you do anything on steam at all, I mean. Get it now.

You can thank me later. And look for more 'classic' X-com games later, which are arguably better in some ways, but this is till awesome in its own ways.

(I was looking for a sale on this for PC -- I already had it on PS3 -- so I could port it to my new Surface.)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on March 27, 2015, 06:47:08 PM

Are you communist?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Toonces

Eagle Dynamics is having a Spring sale, about 70% off of most of their catalog, except MiG-15. 

I also saw Steam has Insurgency on sale for I think $7.99.  I haven't played it yet, but I understand it's rather popular for the hardcore crowd.  I'm thinking of picking it up.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

What the ...?

Living in a cave.  By Gus VanLittleman.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on March 27, 2015, 08:05:50 PM
Should I get it now? har

Is it too late?  >:D Then get it later.  ;)

Quote from: bbmike on March 27, 2015, 08:56:27 PM

Are you communist?

WHY DO YOU HATE JOY AND FREEDOM GUS!!

This is why the xenomorphs are winning.

Gusington

I like that even at my advanced age I can shake up the forum a little bit  :D

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart