The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Asid

CONSORTIUM

Free

An original, story-driven first-person role-playing experience. Take on the role of Consortium Bishop Six, a global peacekeeper in the year 2042, aboard the massive futuristic aircraft ZENLIL. You have an unprecedented amount of freedom to control how the story unfolds.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/264240/

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

bbmike

Well, it's a good price. Thanks, Asid!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Asid

Quote from: bbmike on January 15, 2016, 05:38:42 PM
Well, it's a good price. Thanks, Asid!  O0
Remember you have 2 hours of playtime or  fourteen days to get a refund  ;D
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Shelldrake

Thanks Asid. I bought the game on GOG some time ago but it is nice to have it on Steam too.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

steve58

Humble Bundle Winter Sale is on.  Lots of titles on sale.  A few that caught my eye:

$6.69     Colonial Conquest
$7.49     CK2 Horse Lords
$4.99     Massive Chalice
$1.99     Hearts of Iron III
$5.99     Hearts of Iron III DLC Collection
$6.24     Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
$23.99   Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on January 16, 2016, 08:46:36 AM
Humble Bundle Winter Sale is on.  Lots of titles on sale.  A few that caught my eye:

They also have Skyrim Legendary Edition at $10, along with the other Bethesda stuff on sale.

For the odd person who hasn't actually picked it up.

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on January 16, 2016, 09:26:21 AM
Quote from: steve58 on January 16, 2016, 08:46:36 AM

They also have Skyrim Legendary Edition at $10, along with the other Bethesda stuff on sale.

For the odd person who hasn't actually picked it up.

I have the basic version on Steam. Is the Legendary edition worth it? I've never played it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on January 16, 2016, 09:33:00 AM

I have the basic version on Steam. Is the Legendary edition worth it? I've never played it.

I've not played the LE version since I upraded from the core game on a Steam sale.  So many other games yet unplayed in my library.  :))

So I dunno whether all the DLC for Skyrim is worth it.  There are far more experienced Skyrim players hereabouts, though.  I'd suggest searching for the Skyrim thread and asking their opinions on all the DLC. 

Nefaro

Damn.. Humble is having a full-on Winter Sale.  I originally thought it was just a couple select publishers.

Their Total War stuff, including Attila is 66% to 75% off, for example.

Looks like much of the big name titles in the store is on a large discount right now.  Probably bigger discounts than Steam had on their Winter Sale.

Toonces

The Skyrim DLC's are fun in and of themselves, and are also required for a lot of mods.  I highly recommend picking them up!  And also, I recommend you play Skyrim, on of the best games of all time.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^YES! And if you do nothing else, get Dawnguard, Nef!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I just added Hearthfire, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn to my Skyrim game last month during the winter sale, Nef. And I've had Skyrim for over two years (the vanilla base version, anyway), so it's taken me a while. Since Dawnguard and Dragonborn are normally twenty bucks each, getting everything for $10 is a pretty damn good deal (I think I paid five dollars each for each of the DLCs in the sale).

The Dawnguard expansion is kind of annoying, but not in a bad way. Vampires keep randomly attacking towns I visit. It got to an annoying point when I traveled to Riften and the bastards suddenly appeared at the same time I did and killed a few of the vendors in the square, including the smith. So I backed out of that game and finally said I'm gonna do something about those blood-sucking bastards. :)

Just be sure to have a few potions of Cure Disease handy and check yourself after you fight a vampire to be sure they don't give you the VIDS or anything.

I haven't messed much with Hearthfire. I might later decide to build a house just to see how it's done. I've already gotten my Smithing up to 100 so I'm ready to craft some stuff.

I haven't started Dragonborn yet. Once you add this DLC though, you'll get randomly ambushed by 'cult members' that are not all that difficult to kill. They've only popped up twice in my game so far. The dead bodies of the first two to attack me are still on the ground outside my house in Whiterun.  ;D

eyebiter

There is a No Vampire Attacks Before Dawnguard Main Quest mod available in the Steam Workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220563376

Gusington

I became a vampire (in Skyrim - once I got the Dawnguard expansion) on purpose to see what it would be like and sucked :)

I enjoyed hunting them a lot more.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd