The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on April 05, 2016, 03:44:51 PM
^Damn. That's a good bundle.

Yeah...wonderful...  >:(

Now I have another 12 games I don't have time for (though I *did* install Tropico 5 and Homeworld...)

I really bought this pack solely on Goatfury's high praise for Homeworld. Tropico 5 didn't hurt either. Ultimate General Gettysburg is something I've wanted for a while, too. The others I know little of but they sounded intriguing.

Guess I'll get to them by 2017, though goodness knows what bundles I'll have by then. :(

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 07, 2016, 01:32:39 PM
Quote from: mirth on April 05, 2016, 03:44:51 PM
^Damn. That's a good bundle.

Yeah...wonderful...  >:(

Now I have another 12 games I don't have time for (though I *did* install Tropico 5 and Homeworld...)

I really bought this pack solely on Goatfury's high praise for Homeworld. Tropico 5 didn't hurt either. Ultimate General Gettysburg is something I've wanted for a while, too. The others I know little of but they sounded intriguing.

Guess I'll get to them by 2017, though goodness knows what bundles I'll have by then. :(

You bought it? You're worse than me!

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Of course I did!

What kind of Grog would I be if I didn't buy everything that I don't have time to play? ???

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

The logic is impeccable. I'll buy it tonight!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 07, 2016, 01:32:39 PM

I wonder..

Do many people still prefer Tropico 4 with it's DLCs over Tropico 5?  That seemed the case after T5 came out.

#5 seems to be too scattered across time periods, when I looked for some info.  Not enough focus, as in #4?

Wolfe1759

Quote from: steve58 on April 05, 2016, 02:58:25 PM
Humble Staff Picks

Pay $1 for the following:

• Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  • Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
  • Ultimate General: Gettysburg
  • 10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers

Beat the average for:

• Tropico 5
  • GRAV
  • Victor Vran
  • ...and Mystery Games will be unlocked later

Pay $12 to also get:

• Homeworld Remastered Collection

Was really tempted by this particularly to pick up Victor Vran - then when I was checking the game out on Steam I found I already owned it  :-[
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Gusington

^HAHAHA I've admittedly done that once or twice or...10 times.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I've bought crap on GOG only to find I had it on Steam, and vice versa. Only took me two times before I had to start being more careful.  :tickedoff:

bbmike

We really, really need help.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Nefaro on April 08, 2016, 12:23:37 PM
Do many people still prefer Tropico 4 with it's DLCs over Tropico 5?  That seemed the case after T5 came out.

#5 seems to be too scattered across time periods, when I looked for some info.  Not enough focus, as in #4?

No idea. I remember being pretty underwhelmed with Tropico 4 (I got a free copy because at the time I'd done quite a bit of freelance writing for Kalypso) so it didn't stay installed long. Tropico 5 might be fun. I liked the original one but can't say much for the remaining titles.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 08, 2016, 07:34:40 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 08, 2016, 12:23:37 PM

No idea. I remember being pretty underwhelmed with Tropico 4 (I got a free copy because at the time I'd done quite a bit of freelance writing for Kalypso) so it didn't stay installed long. Tropico 5 might be fun. I liked the original one but can't say much for the remaining titles.

Well.... Tropico 5 is just Tropico 4 with shorter mini-campaigns scattered across the timeline, right?

I just recall people saying T4 had more depth, if you had all the DLC.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 08, 2016, 07:34:40 PM
No idea. I remember being pretty underwhelmed with Tropico 4

Same here.  My first go at the series was Tropico 4 and I remember being very disappointed with it, but I can't for the life of me remember why.  However I got Tropico 5 as part of the Humble bundle last night so I may as well have a go, innit.

Nefaro

GOG has a sale going right now including:

Baldur's Gate I & II and Icewind Dale - all "Enhanced Editions" for 60% off.
Imperialism I & II for 67% off
The whole Might & Magic and Heroes of M&M series

..plus a variety of other stuff like the Warlords Battlecry, Anno, Settlers, and Far Cry series.

http://www.gog.com/

I picked up BG2 Enhanced & IWD Enhanced.  Hadn't tried either of those in ages.  The HD mod, UI improvements, and fixes included in these newer ones was enough to entice me.

Gusington

Which of the Anno's set in the past is the best one? I played one of them years and years ago but don't remember which...

EDIT - I think it was 1602AD from 1998.

How is the 1404 AD from 2010?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd