The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

GamersGate has Endless Legend and all the DLC on sale.  I've been looking for an excuse to revisit it, and Guardians ($3.40) and Shadows ($4.42) might be just the thing.  Base game is only $12.00.  All the Endless Space stuff is on sale as well.

Nefaro

Gamersgate is having a 66-80% off sale on some stuff.

Notably:

Endless Legend
& Endless Space (+ other Iceberg titles)

Hegemony III  (just got a big update)

... and more

http://www.gamersgate.com/offers

Mostly Steam keys

BanzaiCat

Gamersgate requires Origin, though, correct?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 13, 2016, 09:26:28 AM

No, unless an EA title....pretty sure Origin is EA's specific online platform for their games

tgb

These days they just give you a Steam key.

BanzaiCat

I think I bought ME2 through GG some time ago and had to install Origin to run it. 'Twas a PITA.

tgb

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 13, 2016, 11:51:47 AM
I think I bought ME2 through GG some time ago and had to install Origin to run it. 'Twas a PITA.

Blame EA, not GG

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 13, 2016, 09:26:28 AM

LOL no.

Origin is something EA uses on it's games. 

Gamersgate sells Steam keys, like other digital retailers, or offers direct & repeatable downloads for the (now) rare game that doesn't use Steam.

BanzaiCat

My bad, then. I could swear I got Mass Effect 2 through that but it would only work with Origin.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 13, 2016, 05:00:00 PM
My bad, then. I could swear I got Mass Effect 2 through that but it would only work with Origin.

Mass Effect 2 was published by EA so it was available on Origin....so it is possible that Gamersgate was selling the Origin version. But was also available on Steam.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 13, 2016, 05:55:22 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 13, 2016, 05:00:00 PM

Mass Effect 2 was published by EA so it was available on Origin....so it is possible that Gamersgate was selling the Origin version. But was also available on Steam.

That's exactly the case.

If it's not the Steam version, then it will have the publisher's DRM.  Gamersgate has no extra DRM on their games, other than having to log in to download yours.

EA is forcing you to use their Origin client in order to play their game.

BanzaiCat

Ok, got it.

I see I could get ME1 and ME2 on Steam but there's some weird licensing thing where ME3 will never be on Steam. Something like that.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 13, 2016, 08:55:20 PM
Ok, got it.

I see I could get ME1 and ME2 on Steam but there's some weird licensing thing where ME3 will never be on Steam. Something like that.

EA is forcing their customers to use their own DRM+Sales client, instead of Steam.

Staggerwing

For you PS4 guys and gals who have Amazon Prime and want No Man's Sky- if you want to save a few bucks now in exchange for possibly waiting a few weeks to get your game,  but can't wait for the Steam xmas Sale:

https://www.amazon.com/No-Mans-Sky-PlayStation-4/dp/B00ZQB28XK/ref=sr_1_1_det?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1471303185&sr=1-1#productPromotions

Note just after product description-
QuoteSpecial Offers and Product Promotions
Platform: PlayStation 4 | Edition: Standard
Prime Members get 20% off list price. Here's how:
QuotePromotion Details   

Offer only applies to products sold and shipped by Amazon.com
Customer must have an active free trial or paid Prime subscription at the time of placing an order and the time of shipment to receive offer.
The 20% discount applies to an item's List Price and does not apply to an item's already discounted price.
Offer only applies to products in pre-order or within two weeks after release date as listed on the product detail page.
Offer does not apply to digital content.
Offer does not apply to product bundles including but not limited to console game bundles.
Offer good while supplies last.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted items.
Offer restricted to a quantity of 1 per qualifying item.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
(restrictions apply)

Not a lot of time to order. 2 weeks will be over next Monday.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

steve58

OOTP17 for $18 at Gamersgate for the next ~46 hours.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)