The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Steam says i have 18 hours into Darkest Dungeon and that is with 3 restarts. Twice i restarted because i wanted to do things differently and once because i fell behind the money curve and was in a death spiral. If you object to restarting then read a getting started guide.Here's my 2 cents. I can't really say the reviews are wrong, i can see where the game can be a grind but it appears to be the kind of grind i enjoy to this point. I find the art style enjoyable and the narrator is great, maybe the narration will get repetitive when he runs out of lines but so far its spot on. I spend as much time in town mulling over my choices on what to spend my treasure on as i do in the dungeons. Which characters do i treat or cure, who do i hire or fire, which buildings do i upgrade, what treasure do i sell or buy, which powers do i unlock and that's just the stuff before you decide to go back to the dungeons. A bunch of choices when your outfitting to go dungeon crawling also. Who to bring along, what spot in line will they take[important factor], what trinkets to outfit your characters with, what powers will you arm[you cant arm them all] and then its provisions, how many torches[the darker the dungeon is, meaning less torchlight, the more treasure you can get], how much food, potions, shovels, keys, ect.....you only have a limited number of spots, the more spots you take up with supplies the less for treasure. Which dungeon will you pick short, medium or long, if you go long well then your going to have to pack camping supplies and pick your camping powers that only work while camping[there a separate bar]. What level dungeon, easy pickings or more treasure, a lot of choices to consider. Whether its grindy or not probably depends on the attitude you approach the game with. The game tells you at the start its about making the best of a bad situation. It mostly feels like always being on the edge of failure and i'm liking it :bd:
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

Are you a glutton for punishment?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

gameleaper

has anybody seen the humble offer, go check it and take your checkbook

Shelldrake

Quote from: gameleaper on October 04, 2017, 11:07:49 AM

Must resist....
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

gameleaper

it will be like not chewing a rowntrees fruit pastal :)

Greybriar

Link

It's a nice bundle but I already own everything in it. *sigh*
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

gameleaper

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Greybriar on October 04, 2017, 01:14:30 PM

Link

It's a nice bundle but I already own everything in it. *sigh*

Me too. I have that problem quite often.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

-budd-

Quote from: Gusington on October 04, 2017, 08:25:01 AM
Are you a glutton for punishment?
Not usually because that's costs extra ;)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

DCS F-5E sale ends after this weekend (morning of the 9th?).

60% Off

Probably the easiest fully-modeled DCS aircraft to learn.  Oldskewl.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/tiger/

I haven't seen their newer aircraft modules on this deep of a sale in awhile.  Usually the occasional 30-50% on a few select types in the past year or two.

:coolsmiley:

BanzaiCat

^ MiG-28s! No one's been THIS close before!  :D

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

gameleaper

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289600/Marauder/

80% off  = £1.39

looks good, just bought it, don't know what its going to be like , but the video looked great