TOTAL WAR ARENA - founder packs on sale, wargaming.net hosting + BETA access

Started by Destraex, August 29, 2017, 06:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on September 02, 2017, 11:12:52 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 02, 2017, 10:26:42 AM
Interesting..

Thanks Destraex

Is it still supposed to be in 'beta' for awhile? 

In other words, will they be wiping your progress in the future?

From what I've read on the website, seems like it.

I read that too.

Says your Gold & such will be replaced after future wipes, and that this stage of beta will last a few months.

Nefaro

Quote from: Destraex on September 03, 2017, 02:07:47 AM
You play it like total war except you have 3 units and the rest of the 10 players on your side also have 3 units.
So you move whole units... there is no tiger knight style FPS element.
The games usually play out where each side pushes forward trying to support each other through forests, towns, hills and such trying to get to the other sides base. The base can then be captured.
Of course this basically simulates a meeting engagement. All the tactics happening in the middle.

One team of course can all decide to defend by mutual agreement or ambush.

Essentially its like playing a total war battle with a baggage train\command deep behind each army for capture.

THis is as large as I could make the minimap for you to see.

That mini-map.  That UI & terrain.

Actually looks like they're using Wargaming's WoT/WoWs game engine.

Which makes me wonder how smoothly it's UI runs.  Their game engine has had some issues with slow-updating UI.   I hope that isn't a thing with this one since it probably uses it more.

Toonces

I know I got something related to this in a humble bundle like a year or two ago.  But I'll be doggoned if I can find it now...was it on Steam at one point?  I don't see it in my library, but I could swear it was in there before.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Ahhh....Reddit had the answer (take note, Gusington).

It was on Steam, but has moved to that other site. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Reddit always has an answer...it's our questions that may be wrong.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

I believe formations are either special buttons OR later on you can also manually thicken or lengthen the ranks like in total war. I know their are formations like testudo and phalanx for instance. Wedge for cavalry. But they are usually commander dependent?

As for the steam humble bundles. I believe they were all refunded to steam accounts?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

Quote from: Destraex on September 03, 2017, 06:20:02 PM
I believe formations are either special buttons OR later on you can also manually thicken or lengthen the ranks like in total war. I know their are formations like testudo and phalanx for instance. Wedge for cavalry. But they are usually commander dependent?

As for the steam humble bundles. I believe they were all refunded to steam accounts?

Thanks. My fear is that the game experience is shallow. Still haven't wow'ed me based on feedback.

Destraex

Well considering it will be free. You don't have to be wowed. Just try it when it comes out. No harm done.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Nefaro

Quote from: Destraex on September 04, 2017, 06:26:37 AM
Well considering it will be free. You don't have to be wowed. Just try it when it comes out. No harm done.

:bd: