IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quote from: Tuna on November 26, 2019, 01:40:08 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on November 26, 2019, 01:21:39 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 26, 2019, 01:09:10 PM
Definitely true about it being the only WWII armor option out there right now...sadly.

There is also Steel Fury (https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SFURY/steel-fury-kharkov-1942)

Steel Fury 1942 STA 3.3 Mod : http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22684.0

Didn't someone have a problem with that site or model last year?

Not many places sell it.

This is the only other website I found (legal version) : https://www.wingamestore.com/product/5091/Steel-Fury-Kharkov-1942/

WallysWorld

About two weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the latest Steel Fury 1942 STA mod from SF 1942 STA mod with no issues. You have to PM the forum admins and make a donation and they will email you the download links and install instructions. In my opinion, the mods for SF1942 are well worth the donation.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Tuna

Reading that past thread it was Jarhead that had the issue, his Paypal was frozen or something immediately after the donation. Did you ever get that fixed Jarhead? Was it just an accident because of where their country is?

Skoop

I've played halfway through the German campaign for Tank Crew and it was pretty fun.  The missions are a string of scripted missions that you just play in linear order.  It's suppose to depict prokorovka which it does well with all the other AI tanks and planes moving about.  If your looking for somekind of sp dynamic gameplay like m1 tank platoon this is not it.  You just play through the 10 missions and that's it.

The dynamic gameplay comes into play on mp servers where you can play missions built in the editor by the community. 

There's also more sp missions for download on the official site, but some of the capture the flag mp scenarios are pretty cool when you get a mix of players in tanks and planes on both sides or you can even coop it against Ai if it's been built in the editor that way.

Skoop

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 26, 2019, 11:06:59 AM
Battles of Normandy announced!

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/56307-announcing-battle-of-normandy/?fbclid=IwAR0bNWLRUpdMtzBwbTfmxYBc2iGu7_CtgqbHZnhPD8yPFc3Dn2iKn590Cpk

Battle of Normandy, will continue to offer a wide variety of gameplay options and also push our product forward with additional technology, features and improvements. We will of course, have an awesome plane-set that represents the era in which the title takes place. It will also include all the features that is standard for our WWII titles such as QMB, Pilot Career, Custom SP Missions and Multiplayer support. We also plan to include a Scripted Campaign focusing on a specific part of the battle.  See below for additional information.

Battle of Normandy Plane-set:

P-51 B/C
P-47D "Razorback"
Typhoon Mk.Ib
Mosquito F.B. Mk.VI
Spifire Mk.XIV (Collector Plane)
C-47 Dakota (AI)
B-26 Marauder (AI)

Bf-109 G-6 "Late"
Fw-190 A-6
Ju-88 C-6a
Me-410
Ar-234 (Collector Plane)
V-1 Buzz Bomb (AI) 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/uploads/monthly_2019_11/BON_Map_Announcement_EN.jpg.65ca8d95279495c17bda1f7c3c2e2fd7.jpg

I would be more excited if they were announcing il2 pacific.  I might have to wait for the 50% off on this one.

A flyable B-26 might have ampted me up, but AI only....really (scratches head).

JasonPratt

I'm not unhappy with the Mosquito offering, or the Hornet (better than the Duck), or watching players abuse the Ar 234!

That said, I look forward with some hilarity to people figuring out how to haxor the V1 as a playable craft.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

I wonder if the pacific module was delayed due to a percived need to compete with dcs before dcs ww2 matures.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Flying Circus and Bodenplatte, coming for Steam release Dec 3!

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791436106709/announcements/detail/1688216957706046395

Dear Pilots!

We have a few important announcements to share with you about our BOBP and FC Steam Releases and our latest Collector Planes Pre-Orders.

BOBP, P-38J-25, Fw-190 D-9 and FC Steam Release Date

We are thrilled to announce that Battle of Bodenplatte and Flying Circus are coming to the Steam store immediately after the Autumn Sale ends. We are aiming for December 3rd 2019 for the release. The BOBP release on Steam will be the Standard Edition with the two additional Collector Planes being sold separately. Flying Circus will include all ten aircraft, same as on our website. Each product will have a launch discount equivalent to the current Early Access discount enjoyed by customers on our website. The prices are as follows.

Battle of Bodenplatte on Steam - $44.99 (Reg. $49.99)
P-38J-25 Collector Plane - $17.49 (Reg. $19.99)
Fw-190 D-9 Collector Plane - $17.49 (Reg. $19.99)
Flying Circus on Steam - $69.99 (Reg. $79.99)

The launch discounts on Steam will be in effect for two weeks once launched.

Hurricane Mk.II, Yak-9 and Yak-9T Pre-Order Launched

We are proud to announce that we have begun taking Pre-Orders for the Yak-9, Yak-9T and Hurricane Mk.II Collector Planes in the IL-2 Webstore. These planes will be available on Steam when they are finished and ready to be flown.

The legendary British-built Hurricane came to fame during the Battle of Britain where it did the heavy lifting for the RAF in that pivotal battle. The Hurricane Mk.II series which consisted of the a,b,c and d variants was outfitted with a few different armament configurations. This included either the 12 x .303 machine guns in the wings or 4 x 20mm Hispano cannons also fitted in the wings. Many of the Mk.II's were of the 'Hurribomber' variety with wing racks for 250lb or 500lb bombs. One later variant could also carry two 40mm cannons for anti-armor duty. The Hurricane was built in large numbers and the Mk.II series was sent to all corners of the war to fly and fight, including the Eastern Front where the Soviet VVS put them to good use in several sectors.

The Yak-9 was the first model in the most mass-produced family of the WWII Soviet fighters - with its many modifications the total amount of units produced reached 16,769. The work on the new long-range recon and fighter plane began in the Yakovlev design bureau during Spring 1942. Compared to the earlier Ya-7, it had a boosted M-105PF engine, a lighter wing of composite structure, and the lower spine with a bubble canopy that significantly improved the rearward visibility. However, the armament was reduced to one nose-mounted 12.7mm UBS MG and one engine-mounted 20mm SHVAK cannon firing through the propeller hub. The mass production of the new fighter and its arrival to the frontline units begun only in 1943. In combat, the Yak-9 proved itself as very maneuverable and easy to control fighter, earning the love and respect of many Soviet pilots along with volunteer French from the Normandie Niemen fighter regiment.

An important variant of the Yak-9 family was the Yak-9T (tank), which appeared in early 1943. In addition to one 12.7mm UBS MG it was armed with a 37mm engine-mounted cannon model 11P (later NS-37) instead of the usual 20mm SHVAK. The installation of such a heavy and large weapon required reinforcing the airframe in the nose section and moving the pilot cabin 40cm (1.31 ft.) rearward, which resulted in worse forward and underside visibility. Combat trials showed that Yak-9T is capable of not only engaging bombers and various ground targets, but it could also hold its own as dogfighter. Its flight characteristics were only marginally worse than Yak-9 while packing a much bigger punch. Its production started in March 1943 and ended only in June 1945 with a total of 2,748 units produced.

Note: This announcement includes items not yet available on Steam, but will be once they are completed.

The Sturmovik Team
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Does a p-38 come with Bodenplatte? Or custom plane only?

Skoop

SirAndrewD

P-38 is a collector plane.

It's also a joy to fly.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 27, 2019, 10:09:17 PM
P-38 is a collector plane.

It's also a joy to fly.

P-38 is a collector plane, but I think it comes with Bodenplatte if you pre-order.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

IL2 just released an update of some kind through Steam that took my PC a few minutes to digest.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18