Hornet Leader AAR

Started by JudgeDredd, November 11, 2012, 01:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I've started a Hornet Leader AAR over at Matrix Games

You can find it here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3211806
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

This is now actively getting updated...sorry for the hiatus - I was very busy last week and not around at the weekend
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Sorry for the delay - but I have finished a mission for Hornet Leader

I always forget how much time an AAR requires!
Alba gu' brath

Rekim

Great AAR JD.

I had to chuckle at your comments on virtues of not cheating while playing solitaire games. Who the heck cheats while playing a game alone!? I guess the odds of getting caught are as low as there are ever going to get, but it's still hard to find a point to it.

that said, I must admit to having a nasty habit of smashing all of the game chits into an angry little pile in the middle of the board when solo games go really, really bad  :P This hasn't happen during FtF play yet, thankfully.

JudgeDredd

Thanks...very time consuming they are!

Well I've done it myself - so I can only give you my reasoning - and that is - because the rolls are based on luck. You just can't help but feel cheated by that pathetic dice. The feeling is amplified if one after the other the die fails to roll in your favour!

Even in that game - one after the other the bad rolls - the urge is there! But I have managed to fight those urges for sometime now - but they are still there - you still feel cheated

In a game mano-a-mano there is no way on earth I would change the outcome...but against a die?

Anyway - I did - I have done and I know the victory you get (either in the mission, the campaign or simply getting that nice roll) is very, very hollow.
Alba gu' brath

DanVerssen

Thank you for taking the time to do the AAR's!

AAR's seem pretty quick and easy to do, until you do one. :)