Chirp...chirp...It's Friday, what's hitting your table this weekend?

Started by GJK, December 14, 2012, 07:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

Here's a poor lighting, camera phone quality picture of my map (with the original from the game beneath).  If there's any Hitler's War players, I'm selling my pdf of the map for $10.  You can then print out your own copy.  I see the game for sale from a number of sellers for around $24.  I was doing some math; each army has 5 different traits (infantry, mechanized, amphibious, paratroop and tactical air support) with each trait ranging in value from 1-10 points each.  You purchase those through conquests of industrial centers.  That means that each army has up to 100,000 different possible configurations!  That's the neat thing about this game - you build your armies as you see fit based on what you have acquired and from what your country naturally produces.  I guess it's like a Hearts of Iron boardgame.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

TheCommandTent

LB you should start a WIP thread for that project you are doing for with your daughter, it looks interesting. :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on December 14, 2012, 11:43:36 PM
LB you should start a WIP thread for that project you are doing for with your daughter, it looks interesting. :)

Thanks.

I'll keep you guys posted.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

gattopardo

With enough time and energy, will try to finish battle of Warksaw from Nothing Gained but Glory. After that maybe Heraclea from SPQR.

MengJiao

Quote from: gattopardo on December 15, 2012, 10:53:13 AM
With enough time and energy, will try to finish battle of Warksaw from Nothing Gained but Glory. After that maybe Heraclea from SPQR.

Super!

Over here, Hochst (see peek at it in the AAR section below) displaced Fleurus since Tilly wasn't at Fleurus though it was close to his home town.

I'm getting nothing gained next month I think (trying to cut down on game purchases).