WH40K + Talisman = Relic

Started by son_of_montfort, March 18, 2013, 10:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

Now this game is a pure "roll and move" random adventure game, but I challenge any WH40K fans to watch the video and not get a little be gleeful!

It is based on the Talisman system, which is a classic game of fantasy adventure and like most of FFG's games, the components look first class. It releases in a few days, so I am very much looking forward to playing it!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Arctic Blast

Yeah, I'm definitely giving serious consideration to this one (of course, I've got 2 parcels to go pick up at the post office tomorrow of other board games I just ordered, plus my Sentry Box haul...yay tax time!). I like the addition of Corruption and the character abilities that grow as they level up. Oh, and high end items being limited use is pretty sweet, too.

son_of_montfort

I'm particularly happy that they added some "player choice" in the different threat decks. If your character is strength oriented, you can try to swing toward red zones, whereas cunning players will head to yellow. The Power Cards also make a decent replacement for spells.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Arctic Blast

Agreed. No running in to a string of Strength monsters that just beat your poor magic user down.