The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

At least Tom and I both have toasty feet.

BRING IT ON, WINTER!   :knuppel2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Archie was MY grandfather too. Same mannerisms, beliefs, gruffness, just about to a T also.

I swear to God, Gus, you must be a long-lost brother or something. Maybe granddad got around while up there in the Northeast. I know the family on his side settled down around Bath about 150 years ago, so...

Gusington

My Gramps wasn't born in 'Murica. He was born outside Minsk, Belarus. He didn't get here until he was about 5 years old, around 1920.

Quick tidbit: my Gramps had a third set of teeth. The second set, little nubs, looked like fangs. His Dad (my great grandfather) and my Gramps were waiting on the dock for their ship to 'Murica, when Great Gramps suddenly yanked at my Gramps' head and literally pulled my grandfather's two front teeth out, and threw them in to the water.

'They will never let you in to the United States with those teeth!' he supposedly said.

Thus began my Gramps American journey, which included getting hit by trolleys and cars, beat up by gangsters (Dutch Schultz) and almost getting murdered by the Italian Army and the Nazis.

Miss you Gramps! You were 1 in a million!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

He sounds like a badass. What I wouldn't do to read a biography on that dude!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

yes, pants are for pasty pale northerners.
I do find it funny seeing all of the bright pink people around here now.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

MetalDog

They'll be there through Spring Training and then you can have the roads back. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Sir Slash

So far all the Yankees I've run into this year have been very nice. This past summer we stole all their shit while they were back north and blamed it on the hurricanes. Now we're selling it back to them at Yard Sales and they thank us for having just what they were looking for.  :2funny:   What a great bunch.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Toonces on December 21, 2017, 10:24:48 PM
I only bought them to get Emeraldlis drunk before she hibernates.   :P

I never turn a drink down, no matter how awful!  O0  And getting wasted seems like the perfect way to go into full on hibernation mode! I'll go get the glasses... Cheers Toonces  :bd:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Gusington

^It's overrated. I did it last night and woke up hungover this morning for the first time in years!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 22, 2017, 07:45:54 PM
so here I am wearing shorts.   :bd:

72° here as our high.  Shorts and flip-flops for most folks
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers