The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

The only good news is it'll be too cold for The Zombie Apocalypse because not even they would come-out in this weather. Stay safe Grogs, we need everyone one of you for 2018!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

Quote from: Gusington on January 03, 2018, 09:22:11 AM
Good luck Commander and mirth...looks like this storm is going to bear down on you guys the hardest.

Nothin' a little scotch and CK2 can't fix.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Unless we lose power.  Then things get kind of medieval in casa Toonces.  Water stops working so we have to pee and poo in the snow.  Along with the dog.  Good times.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

We're closing schools 2 hours early here today to get everyone home before it starts blowing in.  Some parents are already complaining, but we've got some bus routes that leave schools at 415pm and get kids home after 5pm, when it's going to be getting dark w/ the weather coming in, plus rush hour.  And there's no way to just send some kids home early b/c of the way the buses run here.

I'll be stunned if we're not on a 2-hour delay tomorrow morning, assuming they don't cancel school altogether based on road conditions.

Our problem isn't clearing the main roads in town.  Our problem is clearing the rural routes on the edges of the county - just not enough equipment to do it that fast.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Seven day forecast for us (deg. C)... yep... winter in Ottawa....

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Greybriar

Quote from: Toonces on January 03, 2018, 11:53:57 AM
:DD

Ouch! I bet that hurt!

Quote from: Barthheart on January 03, 2018, 12:32:43 PM
Seven day forecast for us (deg. C)... yep... winter in Ottawa....

Brrr! I'm glad I don't live there.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Toonces

Toonces

-22C and 1 hour of sun.  And somehow you're not all alcoholics?

:notworthy:

Toonces

This doesn't have anything to do with this thread, but it made me laugh so hard I'm crying.

Gusington

Alright enough funny business. When may I start to panic?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd