The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Hope you guys in the Northeast don't lose power or anything. Sounds like its pretty brutal right now.

mirth

So far so good. Hope it doesn't go out tonight. Gonna be damn cold.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Supposed to be 37 here on Tuesday. It'll feel like summer after the last two weeks.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

mirth

mirth

MetalDog

I'm guessing my teens including the wind chill today doesn't compare much to what y'all are going through.  Stay safe, my friends!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Toonces -

Mrs Bayonet had a suggestion: can you put a folding table or something out in the yard before the next snow, over some cleared out yard, to keep the snow off the ground where the pooch can get up under the table to pee w/o excavating?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

That image of Gloucester HS may be identical to my drive in to work tomorrow. Oh well...have to take my dog out for his last hurrah. Plow guy came by before and tore our chain link fence down. Good times! Oh and its windy. More snow Monday supposedly. Happy January mofos!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Great. Now I have to find Uggs AND an Iguana Helmet. Mother Nature is an Evil Bitch at times.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Emeraldlis

Temperatures set to drop to - 2 C tonight. It's nothing compared to what some of you snowbound grogs are having to put up with  :o But it's not exactly florida  sunshine either! It's gonna be bloody cold... Brrrr !

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-weather-forecast-met-eireann-11794920.amp

We've already been battered by one storm, now it looks like there's another one on the way for today and the weekend! We've had flooding, now we're set to have icy frosty Arctic cold blasting down on us from the northern hemisphere. Fun times!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Barthheart

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Barthheart on January 05, 2018, 07:51:25 AM
Currently -24C here.... :buck2:

Omg Barthheart  :o how do you even begin to think of leaving the house in those kind of temps!! I need to go make myself a hot chocolate, just to ease the pain of that number... - 24C  :o in fact, I need that just to deal with - 2C  ;D

If you must leave the house though, try not to get stuck to anything  O0

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog