The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Temps are going to be up in the 30's the next four days here.  Time to break out the shorts!  <:-) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

40s here for Thursday and Friday with rain to wash away all the salt, etc. But I fear it will be back...it's still early winter :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on January 07, 2018, 02:55:00 PM
Ah, the annual winter descent into madness

When does the "ascent out of" start?  :hide:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bob48 on January 06, 2018, 04:17:25 PM
...you've not been at the poteen again, have you?

I might of made myself a hot toddy with The delectable liquor ...just to keep my spirits up  :)

Quote from: Toonces on January 06, 2018, 10:22:34 PM
He said have another drink.  I did.  I said it was passing well.

I told my wife don't piss me off.

The house hangs in an uneasy balance.

Hawaii dog has learned the term, "quick potty" and seems to have embraced it.  A pupperoni post-pee/poo has been a real motivator.

Rough day.  Scotch slowly making better.  Slowly...need more. Need mooooore.

I hope you soon get back ...to what seems to be , from reading these threads ...your ugg wearing , sea surfing self  O0  And I live in a house that's nearly 200 years old , and it's a sumbitch to try to warm the place up  :pullhair: As soon as the temperature outside begins to hover anywhere around 0 ...it may as well be like living on a friggin ice shelf !

Quote from: trailrunner on January 07, 2018, 09:06:39 AM
4F when I headed out for my run this morning.  Besides being dressed for the cold, if I had the urge to rob a 7-11 along the way, I was prepared.

Now that I'm done with my run, I'm going stay inside the rest of the day and read the rules to Rifles in the Ardennes.

Trailrunner ....you look set to rob the 7-11, not just be thinking about it ! ;D Don't do it dude ...you'll get arrested , and you'll miss the trails ! Lol  :D hope your game went well  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

RUUUUUN AWAAAAAAAY!!!! ^ LOL, Tis a very silly place, NC when it's cold!

Currently - 3C here now.... But feeling like - 7C :) <-----------that is not a happy smile   >:(
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Sir Slash

I spent Saturday with the wife at Busch Gardens in Tampa. It was so cold there, the Kangaroos were jumping into each others pouches to stay warm. I saw an Elephant grab a Giraffe with his trunk and stand behind him to stay out of the wind. The Monkeys were throwing pooh at us trying to get us to throw our coats back at them. And the guy at the Snowcone stand... had no one to talk to. After that, I needed a Busch.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

OJsDad

Snow and ice over night, schools are closed.  But it's 33 out now.  +1!!!!!

We're supposed to see over 50 one day this week, then slide back down to below freezing this weekend.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Similar here. 10cm of snow last night another 5cm or so coming today. Supposed to go to 0C today and 5C by Thursday with rain Thu-Fri.  :idiot2:

mirth

mirth

bayonetbrant

we set records here for consecutive days below freezing

Our normal temp spread this time of year is low-50s to mid-30s.  We've had 9 days of highs in the 20s and lows in the single digits.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers