The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

No. No, it doesn't feel "great." I get sick of temps roller coastering like that. For most of you that's the difference between -10 and 35 F, but for us it's between 35 and 80 F. Pick a temperature, for goodness sake. Stick with it.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 09, 2018, 11:10:55 AM
No. No, it doesn't feel "great." I get sick of temps roller coastering like that. For most of you that's the difference between -10 and 35 F, but for us it's between 35 and 80 F. Pick a temperature, for goodness sake. Stick with it.

Oh yes...something else I don't miss about living in Houston   :dreamer:

Arctic Blast

Monday evening : -2 C (28.4 F)  with no wind.
Tuesday evening : -22 C (-7.6 F) with wind that makes it feel like -36 C (-32.8 F)

I'm already on cold number 2 in the last month. These massive temperature shifts can piss off any time now.  :knuppel2:

mirth

Now that it has warmed up a bit, I expect illness to run rampant.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

-13C right now... rising to -4C by 5 pm with freezing rain starting... rising to 1C by 9pm and changing to just plain rain.

The rain will continue and the temperature will continue to rise until about 11am Friday, 11C. Then temp starts to drop and the rain changes to snow about 4pm on Friday, 0C.

The snow will continue all day Sat as the temperature continues to drop until Sunday when we see the sun again and the temperature is about -15C.

When it's all done we should have had about 1" of rain and 14" of snow.... in 4 days... :idiot2:

Sir Slash

70 Degrees here. But it's a 'wet' warmth so..... And there's Fog too. We're all suffering alike aren't we. Aren't we?  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

10° cooler here today than yesterday.  We might not get out of the 50s
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

[quote author=OJsDad
Depends, is the house pool open for swimming

Yes the pool is open for swimming, surfing, lounging, and sunbathing-- dress appropriate. And I need somebody that can swim well to go down to the bottom and retrieve those pair of shorts left there after the New Years Party. Any takers?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on January 10, 2018, 08:30:08 AM
Can't wait.

Oh, it's coming your way. As is this cold snap! Feels like -35 today! Get excited for it.  ;D