The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Which brand of Scotch goes best with purple snow-prediction?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Toonces

Yeah, still looking at 4-8" +/-.  The bad news is that I have to drive my daughter to a sleepover just as the snow starts and pick her up Sunday morning just as it ends.  With the way they plow here, that might be...fun.  Guess we'll see just what the Impreza can do.

The good news is that it's supposed to warm up Sunday.  Some rain would be even better.  Hopefully it won't stick too long.  I'm kinda over the whole snow thing.  And the whole shoveling thing.  And the whole running out of scotch thing.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

It was just a hair over 80 F here yesterday...it felt awful after weeks of nice cold weather.

mirth

Quote from: Toonces on February 16, 2018, 08:01:42 AM
I'm kinda over the whole snow thing.  And the whole shoveling thing.  And the whole running out of scotch thing.

He says with two weeks left in February

Toonces

There's never a good month for running out of scotch.

mirth

BanzaiCat

mirth

trailrunner

It was 73 F yesterday. I rode my bike to work in shorts. It's supposed to get below freezing by tomorrow morning, then back to the 70s next week.

BanzaiCat

All that moisture escaping into the atmosphere. Probably Aveeno-induced too.

That's the reason for the snow.

mirth

Quote from: trailrunner on February 16, 2018, 08:48:47 AM
It was 73 F yesterday. I rode my bike to work in shorts. It's supposed to get below freezing by tomorrow morning, then back to the 70s next week.

Stop this right now! Don't you realize how fragile Toonces is? Posts like this could send him into the abyss!

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on February 16, 2018, 08:50:20 AM
Quote from: trailrunner on February 16, 2018, 08:48:47 AM

Stop this right now! Don't you realize how fragile Toonces is? Posts like this could send him into the abyss!

Isn't Toonces moving to San Diego in a couple of months. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.