The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Just saw two semi trucks oblterated by the wind, thus causing the first two hours of this epic journey. Now off the bridge, headed towards...snow country.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Well, until he gets cold.  Uggs don't like surfing. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on March 02, 2018, 03:43:12 PM
Just saw two semi trucks oblterated by the wind, thus causing the first two hours of this epic journey. Now off the bridge, headed towards...snow country.

Have you resorted to cannibalizing your friend yet?  You should.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 02, 2018, 06:59:16 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 02, 2018, 03:43:12 PM

Have you resorted to cannibalizing your friend yet?  You should.

It is for this very reason that you should have a car stockpile of those shelf-stable condiments that you get at fast-food places. You just never know...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

trailrunner

A tree fell on my house yesterday afternoon. It was a glancing blow - 5 feet to the left and it would have missed the house; 5 feet to the right and it would wiped out a couple of rooms. I've spent $10k over the last year taking down leaning trees and others I thought were in danger of falling, but the one that fell appeared healthy and straight. No power here. I have a big deadline coming up next week so now I have to burrow myself in a Starbucks or Panera with WiFi and work there all day.

Staggerwing

Glad to hear the house is relatively ok.
Instead of going to S-bucks you could grab a car power inverter from the hardware or car parts store for AC power and also turn on your phone's hotspot option (assuming you have a smart phone) and tether your laptop to it. Then you can stay home instead of having to rub elbows with all the coffee hipsters.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bravo-View-INV-400-400-Watt-Power-Inverter/13398248

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

Stay safe Trailrunner.  Glad no one was hurt or the house seriously damaged. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth