The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

It's a good thing for those corporate greedfucks that my many parental responsibilities preclude me from delivering my own response to their answers in person. Move along, nothing to see here.

EDIT: We're now up to 89% no power in town.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

I was without power in the storm last weekend. I really need to research generators.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on March 07, 2018, 09:37:29 PM
I was without power in the storm last weekend. I really need to research generators.

Best researched while drinking Scotch or Bourbon.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Finally stopped snowing here but damn...good luck guys. No school or work here tomorrow and The Wife could not get out of our house to extricate us. Hanging in there. Clearing in laws driveway for umpteenth time in the morning.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

This is one of the worst storms I've experienced. Heavy, wet snow coming down like crazy. Oh and the wind is whipping pretty good.

It is the Suck.

Gusington

Hasn't been that windy out yet here but walking the dogs was pretty shitty.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I'm glad I'm not trying to drive any distance in this crap.

Gusington

I had to send out texts for work earlier telling staff that offices are open tomorrow while thinking to myself 'yeah good luck with that.' I'll drive 1.5 miles home after I drive the snow blower for an hour and then done. See ya Friday.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

This is probably the worst late winter storm I've seen in my lifetime. Crazy out there. Less wind than a week ago, but intense snow.

Sir Slash

I'm having Groundhog for dinner tonight. Anybody want to come over and take a bite?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Sir Slash

Could one of you go outside and get a picture of your extended arms sticking out of the snow so we can get some perspective? Stand on a ladder if you need to.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I'm always on a ladder.

Still at in laws with daughters and dogs.

Looking forward to a relaxing day at work tomorrow.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd