The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^YES

And I'm not even on the same continent as you.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Emeraldlis on March 16, 2018, 04:28:12 PM
And tomorrow the weather is gonna b**ch slap us back into low temps and sleet and snow, well done climate, WELL DONE  :clap: The weather here for the moment is definitely being a tease  :-* This winter feels like it's just gone on for so looooooong! Enough already!

And soon you get all our recent winter storms, recharged and fresh from the arctic, yaaay!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

I'm thinking DC isn't going to get anything this year.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Gusington on March 16, 2018, 06:15:32 PM
^YES

And I'm not even on the same continent as you.

It's nice to know I'm not alone in my misery  :) but if you get spring weather before me, I will hold your scotch for ransom until you send it my way  ::).... You have been warned! That is all  :-"

I actually think if this weather carries on much longer, I'm packing my bags and moving into a hot thermal spa  O:-) and I'm not re-emerging until the first swallow is spotted in Ireland  :tickedoff: They only ever come home when the weather is behaving itself  :nerd:

Enough already! Waiting for spring like a boss  O:-)

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 16, 2018, 07:39:34 PM

And soon you get all our recent winter storms, recharged and fresh from the arctic, yaaay!

Oh yippee  :(  at the moment the weather front is coming over from Scandinavia. Its been named "son of the beast", a very apt name... Very beastly weather! The last storm was called "the beast from the east". I think there's a running theme going on here  ::) 
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Gusington

^I first read your above post as 'I will hold your crotch for ransom' and thought...'nice.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Emeraldlis

^  :DD whatever gets you through  ::) Although you probably will be needing the scotch for that encounter.....
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

trailrunner

March has been cold in the DC area, but so far the big storms that nailed New England have mostly missed us, so I'm not complaining at all.  We might get some snow next Tuesday, but we might not.  Worst prediction I saw a couple of days ago had 5 inches of snow, but now most predictions are calling for a wintery mix.  Normally I wouldn't care what happens, but I'm supposed to drive to Norfolk on Monday and return on Tuesday, so I'm hoping that whatever we get isn't too bad.

bbmike

^I'll miss it either way. I have to drive back down to Pensacola.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

mirth

mirth

mirth

MetalDog

Quote from: mirth on March 19, 2018, 03:43:48 PM
Hope you guys down South stay safe

https://twitter.com/NWStornado/status/975831143168856064

One just spent an hour + on the ground coming out of Mississippi into Alabama.  Still moving.  Two up by the Tennessee/Alabama line.  Golf ball sized hail coming down in both.  Don't know how well the cells will stay together moving towards Georgia, but, it looks probable that they'll get some of what we got.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob