"Chewie...We're Home."

Started by Gusington, April 16, 2015, 05:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Capn Darwin

Might just wipe that jar jar blinks taste out of your mouth...looking good so far.  O0
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Staggerwing

Well... my shorts are still clean. One out of three's not bad, eh?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I watched it three times already. The opening shot with the wreck is just unbelievable. Reminds me of the beginning of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

dammit!

(but that wreck looks freakin' awesome)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Bah. Jar Jar Abrams is a menace to SciFidom. Though I will say he is much more suited to Star Wars.

[edit] And shouldn't Chewie have some gray hairs like Han?  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

GDS_Starfury

Thsts a lot of cgi getting rid off Harrisons wrinkles.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

I'm now thinking that the black guy will turn out to be 'a little short to be a Stormtrooper' (even if he's not actually short).
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

W8taminute

Ok I have to admit that my eyes did well up a bit when I saw Han and Chewie.  Dammit Gus why did you have to say we're gonna cry seeing this preview.   ;D

This is gonna be good!  That shiny black armored tie fighter pilot made me cream my jeans.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Yes...YES...feel it flow through you!

I thought they CGI'd extra wrinkles onto Ford's face...will have to verify.

And God knows what Mark Hamill will look like. Not as good as the wreck in the opening scene, I'm sure.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Some co-workers went to nerdcon here in Vancouver a few weeks ago and got their photos with Carrie Fisher.  She looks like a crazy lady who hangs out in a convenience store all day playing Keno.  Did not age well....

MetalDog

I read one of her more recent biographical works, I forget the name.  She's pretty funny.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 16, 2015, 06:16:46 PM
Thsts a lot of cgi getting rid off Harrisons wrinkles.

Saw an interview with Charlton Heston once.  He was asked about how long it took for makeup to may him look older.  He said it to a lot more to make him look younger.   :2funny:
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.