"Chewie...We're Home."

Started by Gusington, April 16, 2015, 05:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on April 16, 2015, 08:30:15 PM
I read one of her more recent biographical works, I forget the name.  She's pretty funny.

I caught one of her narrative bio things on cable a few years ago.  Got some chuckles.  Recall something about how she was high on the Star Wars sets all the time, and other such tidbits.

Sir Slash

Wrecked space ship? I thought that was Mark Hamill. How come everybody gets to come back except for Boba Fett? I might as well send them my money now.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Just watched the trailer.  Is it Christmas yet?

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

Is that what all the cats at the pool were telling you today?

MikeGER

Quote from: bbmike on April 16, 2015, 05:57:09 PM

And shouldn't Chewie have some gray hairs like Han?  :P

only on the back, i guess  ...the perfect Leonard, Sheldon, Raj and Howard canteen table discussion theme 'how does wookies age' ;D

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 16, 2015, 10:46:15 PM
Wrecked space ship? I thought that was Mark Hamill. How come everybody gets to come back except for Boba Fett? I might as well send them my money now.

Boba Fett is slowly being digested by the Great Sarlacc of Karkoun.  I don't think he's coming home anytime soon.   :'(
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bayonetbrant

^^^
Just wait.  As soon as it's convenient, Disney will declare those movies didn't happen and recast Boba Fett as a Gungan.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

They didn't do a very good job of warping the logos to follow the contour of the helmet...I only notice that because I did about 1,000 Photoshops of helmet logos a few years back... :D

Also, this trailer pleases me.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: W8taminute on April 17, 2015, 05:28:29 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 16, 2015, 10:46:15 PM

Boba Fett is slowly being digested by the Great Sarlacc of Karkoun.  I don't think he's coming home anytime soon.   :'(

Actually...well, he does survive the Sarlacc, but that's in the books somewhere, and therefore being pointedly ignored by Disney et al. I hope they bring this character back, though. I can't imagine they will not.

What's the bet on when the hardcore nerds are going to start camping out in front of theaters for this movie?

Staggerwing

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 17, 2015, 05:59:57 AM

What's the bet on when the hardcore nerds are going to start camping out in front of theaters for this movie?

I saw some RV's in the parking lot of the local multi-screen cinema.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Centurion40

Quote from: MetalDog on April 16, 2015, 08:30:15 PM
I read one of her more recent biographical works, I forget the name.  She's pretty funny.

Yeah, I watched her one-woman-show on HBO.  I thought that she was great, although she looks like a bingo-bag.
Any time is a good time for pie.