'Cindy Brady' gets fired for homophobic rant

Started by MetalDog, December 11, 2016, 04:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Ubercat

I skimmed the article. I despise SJW's but, unless I'm missing something, I can get behind her homophobic ass being fired.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

airboy

MetalDog

Quote from: Ubercat on December 11, 2016, 08:55:48 PM
I skimmed the article. I despise SJW's but, unless I'm missing something, I can get behind her homophobic ass being fired.

I read the post she left.  It's pretty not good.  She definitely should have had some sanction.  This time, it was her job.  Total subject change, you coming to Origins, 'Cat?

Quote from: airboy on December 11, 2016, 09:00:49 PM
Both of them seem like hotheads.

Sounded that way to me, too.

Ubercat

Quote from: MetalDog on December 11, 2016, 09:24:40 PM
I read the post she left.  It's pretty not good.  She definitely should have had some sanction.  This time, it was her job.  Total subject change, you coming to Origins, 'Cat?

Not unless we win Mega Millions or something, though I'd love to. I can justify one Con a year to my wife and I get more from WBC than I'd ever get from Origins. A solid week of morning to night gaming at a reasonable price. It's also a lot closer even with the recent move to Seven Springs, PA.

(Origins was once 15 minutes walking distance from my house. I still lived in Philly the one year it was held there and I went.)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Sir Slash

I'm thinking the Russians probably hacked into her Facebook account and 'Homo-Shamed' her because in one episode of the show Cindy Brady got confused and asked her mother wasn't Vladimir Lenin one of the Beatles? Russians never forget things like that you know.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

This is what happens without Mike and Carol around to keep the kids in line.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Probably out getting their Bell-Bottoms re-belled or something.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

Did all of you Old People really used to dress like that? What WAS in the water back then?  :o

mirth

MetalDog

Quote from: Ubercat on December 11, 2016, 09:49:04 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 11, 2016, 09:24:40 PM

Not unless we win Mega Millions or something, though I'd love to. I can justify one Con a year to my wife and I get more from WBC than I'd ever get from Origins. A solid week of morning to night gaming at a reasonable price. It's also a lot closer even with the recent move to Seven Springs, PA.

(Origins was once 15 minutes walking distance from my house. I still lived in Philly the one year it was held there and I went.)

Ahem.  Does WBC have bayonetbrant?  Or mirth?  Or Barthheart?  Or Martok?  Or panzerde?  Or MetalDog?  Or Dr. Sterrett?  Or Cap'n Darwin?  And on and on and on?  Well...does it?

W8taminute

I wonder just what exactly did she say.  Actually it probably doesn't matter.  Unless I'm missing something, and I scoured that article, it seems to me that Leon baited her into saying whatever it was she said.  Now she shouldn't have gotten emotional but she was provoked imho.  Just who is the real douche here?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on December 12, 2016, 08:40:53 PMAhem.  Does WBC have bayonetbrant?  Or mirth?  Or Barthheart?  Or Martok?  Or panzerde?  Or MetalDog?  Or Dr. Sterrett?  Or Cap'n Darwin?  And on and on and on?  Well...does it?

Actually, they occasionally have Cap'n Darwin.  Not the rest of us though.  And Mirth hasn't bothered to show at either yet ::)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers