Space Force (Netflix's)

Started by Tpek, May 31, 2020, 12:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

With Netflix's Space Force show released on Friday and Netflix itself constantly pushing notifications about it,
I was wondering if anyone here actually tried watching the show and if it's worth my time.

I am not a big fan of Steve Carrell, and the trailer doesn't look very promising (a really bad setting for a SitCom).

Tpek

Well, I've tried watching the first episode and it was indeed lame and not really funny in any way.

It's pretty much the American version of The Office but with a slightly different setting and some slight alterations in casting.

al_infierno

Speaking of former The Office associates, that show Upload looks pretty promising.

But yeah, my impression of Space Force from the trailers was that it's leaning a little too hard on Steve Carrell to carry the show.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Destraex

Shame they did not have a proper go at seriously portraying how space force could operate. I guess their are not many patriots in hollywood these days.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Martok

Quote from: Destraex on June 01, 2020, 04:57:53 PM
Shame they did not have a proper go at seriously portraying how space force could operate. I guess their are not many patriots in hollywood these days.
::)
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

weve watched both Upload and Space Force and enjoyed them both.
Space Force is what I expected but Uploaded was a bit deeper with some good twists in it.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

RedArgo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 05, 2020, 07:56:47 AM
weve watched both Upload and Space Force and enjoyed them both.
Space Force is what I expected but Uploaded was a bit deeper with some good twists in it.

We watched Upload and really enjoyed that and I've watched the first four episodes of Space Force and I like that too.  Maybe I'm just easily entertained.