Main Menu

Cocktail Party

Started by airboy, October 11, 2020, 03:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

My wife put on her tiara (really) for the Pampered Chef Cocktail Party we had last night.  The rep made heavy appetizers and my wife made many cocktails.

Her cocktail menu

WHISK(E)Y
Debonair
Scotch; Domain de Canton
Ward Eight
Bourbon; lemon juice; orange juice; grenadine
Whiskey Sour
Bourbon; lemon juice; simple syrup

RUM
Bay Breeze
Light Rum; cranberry juice; pineapple juice
Spiced Rum Coco Martini
Spiced Rum; Godiva Liqueur
Limoncello Daiquiri
Light Rum; Limoncello; lime juice; honey syrup

TEQUILA
Matador
Gold Tequila; pineapple juice; lime juice
Mexican Madras
Gold Tequila; cranberry juice; orange juice; lime juice

GIN - VODKA
Vesper Martini
Gin; Vodka; Lillet Blanc
Nick and Nora Martini
Gin; Vermouth
Apple Pie Martini
Tuaca; Vodka; apple cider

LIQUER
Honey Whiskey Lemonade
Coconut Macaroon
RumChata; Coconut Rum; Kahlua; half & half

She got really bored during the lockdown, read cocktail books, and used me as subject for her cocktail experiments.

I had three martinis.  :)

Gusington

How are you feeling today, the day after? The spiced rum coco martini sounds great.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

So you got plastered and bought a bunch of stuff you didn't need or want?  >:D  Sounds like a fun time  :))  I'm with Gus, that Spiced Rum Coco Martini does sound good  O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

airboy

The Spiced Apple had powdered cinnamon and a cinnamon stick.  It was my favorite that was a new drink.

Actually, the party was really low key.  We had heavy rain from the storm.  There were six of us.  All of us have been buddies for at least 15 years.  We all drank cocktails, ate some really delicious appetizers and chatted.   One of the people who came we have not had a chance to catch up with in six months.

All of our guests drink regularly - and over 3.5 hours having two to four cocktails with food is not that much drinking.

The rep (also a friend) was happy to answer any question - but otherwise no sales pitches were made at all.  Nobody ordered anything at the party itself.

My wife and I will probably buy $500 worth of stuff to outfit the new kitchen - but we had $250 we would have ordered without the party.  If you host one of these, you get substantial discounts.  We are going to pick up a great slow cooker that works as a crockpot, pressure cooker, and steamer in a very compact package.  We were planning to get one of these before 2021 anyway and we are getting a much better model for the same price you can pick one up at Amazon/Target.

Sir Slash

Sounds like a great time. Spending the kids inheritance ahead of time is one thing I approve of.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat