Shadow in the Cloud - B17 movie

Started by Destraex, April 03, 2021, 10:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

It has a B17 in it so I might not be able to resist.

Supposedly, although I cannot find any credible sources, the below was said about the special effects;
"In keeping with the theme of toxic masculinity in Shadow in the Cloud, we designed the Gremlin to represent misogyny incarnate." This is a directe quote from WETA digital, the main VFX vendor on this show.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

......wth did I just watch...

1.) The basic plot premise is very decent. B17 vs Gremlin(s), sign me u-----

2.) ---! Okay, that level of action is so over the top I can't keep my belief going. I have to assume I'm watching a fever dream sequence from the agent in critical condition in the hospital, something along the line of the Wizard of Oz. Still, B17 vs Gremlin(s), so I might still...

"In keeping with the theme of toxic masculinity, we designed the Gremlin to represent misogyny incarnate"

3.) ....nope, hard pass.

4.) The trailer, by the way, demonstrates exactly no theme of toxic masculinity from the Gremlin(s?) It's just a little hostile monster. All the rude toxicity comes from the crew. Now I'm wondering if WETA released that statement with tongue fully in cheek pointed toward corporate overlords.

5.) Who exactly was this made for????!? This trailer is so baffling it has to be a spoof trailer, right? Not for a real movie!??
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

I had the same reaction. It's like the b17 is there to bait the men and then beat them over the head about how evil they are.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

W8taminute

Purge the heretics and kill the xenos that made this movie!!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

It has at least one gretchen already, so.... maybe it's a stealth pilot for Warhammer? At the end they reveal the gremlins came from a crashed Rok?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Toonces

Ok....I'm not sure what I just watched, but I AM sure with enough scotch this could be an epic movie for a Saturday night.

I'm in.   \m/
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bobarossa

Quote from: Toonces on April 05, 2021, 03:21:12 PM
Ok....I'm not sure what I just watched, but I AM sure with enough scotch this could be an epic movie for a Saturday night.

I'm in.   \m/
A glass full of booze makes the medicine go down!

One of the scenes reminded me of a book I read recently where a tail gunner in a Lancaster had the turret blown off track by a cannon shell and he ended up hanging upside down in the slipstream with his heel stuck in the mechanism.  Flew all the way from Caen to England hanging upside down from the back of the plane.

acctingman

Jesus H Christmas.....hollywood is pumping out shit for movies these days.