Empire Strikes Back the way the Emperor meant it to be

Started by W8taminute, April 05, 2021, 12:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Plot twist: the armor is still basically useless, and they still can't shoot worth anything.

Admittedly, with chainswords you don't have to shoot anything, but the armor still has to be good enough to get you there!

This actually reminds me that the storm-trooper armor in Legend of the Galactic Heroes looks a little more like WH40K tactical gear than SW. LGH stormtrooper armor is still kind of meh against laser fire, but better than SW because they use battle axes instead of ranged weaponry -- the point being that you don't want to accidentally puncture a spacecraft's hull! (There are special particles in the air which screw with laser fire, too, although that isn't their primary function.) So both sides use stormtroopers (with slight variations mostly for cosmetic purposes to tell each side apart) as terror weapons when storming a ship. It's one thing to have a hole shot through you by a laser, but a whole other thing to be torn apart by axes!

Thus, Emperor Lohengramm also approves.  :bd: (And moreso his best friend and 2nd in command Kircheis.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!