Started by Jarhead0331, November 01, 2021, 10:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I like him better than the Mandalorian.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Was just reading about this!  Can't wait for 12/29.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on November 01, 2021, 11:24:58 AM
Was just reading about this!  Can't wait for 12/29.

With Ming-Na Wen ( who was Melinda May on agents of shield) backing up Bobba -- the underworld is going to need to be more careful. 

GDS_Starfury

by this time next year we are going to be buried in interconnecting star wars content.
and its going to be fucking glorious!
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

I'll be on this one like fuzz on an Ewok's butt.  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

Why a "book"?  When has a Star Wars movie ever been referred to or thought of as a "book"?  I guess "Saga of Boba Fett" doesn't quite roll of the tongue.

I dunno.  Personally, nothing that Disney or Marvel puts out excites me, and things like the generic title just reek of "creative decisions by committee" to me.  I hope to be proven wrong and learn it's really good, though.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Did you watch the Mandalorian?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on November 02, 2021, 07:17:08 AM
Did you watch the Mandalorian?

I did.  Pretty good.  Sort of like Firefly only a lot better.  More deeply atmospheric than say Agents of Shield, which was maybe too tongue-in-cheeky or arch.  I agree the Marvel stuff is a bit over-mixed
but the Star Wars things lately seem okay.  Not the movies (which are kind of infantile)...

Gusington

The one recent movie that I really enjoyed was Rogue One. But I have enjoyed The Mandalorian more and have  very high expections for Book of Boba Fett.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 02, 2021, 09:04:36 AM
The one recent movie that I really enjoyed was Rogue One. But I have enjoyed The Mandalorian more and have  very high expections for Book of Boba Fett.

Solo was very good. Although very brief, the trench warfare scene with regular imperial infantry was phenomenal and exactly the dark authentic direction I think Star Wars needs to take.   
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Oh yeah, Rogue One was indeed quite good.  I never saw Solo but I saw those Imperial Guard esque battle scenes on YouTube and was quite impressed.  I have not seen the Mandalorian but heard good things.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

I also liked those trench warfare scenes in Solo.

Mandalorian is time well spent esepcially if you like the grittier, dirtier side of Star Wars, al.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

and have any of you bothered to watch all 7 seasons of The Clone Wars?  both it and Rebels are excellent and provide a ton of context to the whole universe.  it might surprise you to know that the very best lightsaber duels happen in animation.

Ahsoka vs Maul  Clone Wars season 7

Ahsoka vs Vader  Rebels season 2

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

SirAndrewD

Looks awesome honestly. 

Rogue One and Mandalorian have been solid Star Wars. 

Super looking forward to this one. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

for Jarhead, the only true samurai battle in all of Star Wars:

Obi vs Maul Rebels season 4

while Maul was almost a throw away villian in the phantom menace he is truly fleshed out and becomes one of the most interesting characters in the franchise.  most of the new shows are going to draw heavily on the animated storied as they are under the control and direction of the same person.