History, Reference, Research, and GrogTalk > Military (and other) History

30K Roman Coins Found in UK

<< < (2/3) > >>

LongBlade:

--- Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2012, 04:46:28 PM ---OK. Cool.  But, one thing I do not understand.  Why did someone take a giant $hit on them?

--- End quote ---

Go back to basic escape and evasion techniques: you hide where the enemy doesn't want to go.

Chances are the poor dude hid his stash, then got whacked, never to return to it. Considering it stayed hidden for nearly two millennia he gets a B+ in my book.

W8taminute:

--- Quote from: LongBlade on March 27, 2012, 07:07:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2012, 04:46:28 PM ---OK. Cool.  But, one thing I do not understand.  Why did someone take a giant $hit on them?

--- End quote ---

Go back to basic escape and evasion techniques: you hide where the enemy doesn't want to go.

Chances are the poor dude hid his stash, then got whacked, never to return to it. Considering it stayed hidden for nearly two millennia he gets a B+ in my book.

--- End quote ---

B+?  Well I guess if he made it to a full two millenia he'd get the A.  :)

LongBlade:

--- Quote from: W8taminute on March 27, 2012, 07:35:01 PM ---B+?  Well I guess if he made it to a full two millenia he'd get the A.  :)

--- End quote ---

No. If we never found it he'd get an A.

You've gotta work in my class ;)

W8taminute:

--- Quote from: LongBlade on March 27, 2012, 07:48:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: W8taminute on March 27, 2012, 07:35:01 PM ---B+?  Well I guess if he made it to a full two millenia he'd get the A.  :)

--- End quote ---

No. If we never found it he'd get an A.

You've gotta work in my class ;)

--- End quote ---

Roger that.  I'm a fast learner.

Jarhead0331:

--- Quote from: LongBlade on March 27, 2012, 07:07:34 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version