Free Avalon Hill Wargames Looking for a Good Home

Started by airboy, July 19, 2020, 12:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

My allergies have struck again.  My tabletop wargames that I had planned to play in retirement have  normal aged paper smell - that I'm allergic to.

I will gift any/all of these to someone who wants to play them.  All are Avalon Hill wargames in playable condition.  All are punched, all have been played, and they were published between 1964 and 1980.  It really hurts me to lose them, but they make me physically ill.  I'm copying the rules of my favorites and will play them on vassal.

I would like to have postage sent to me via paypal and I'll send them in USPS flat rate boxes (I think they all fit).  This is first come/you get it. 

Anything unclaimed by the end of August, 2020 will be sadly, sadly donated to a Christian Charity where they will probably lose units and never find the love they deserve.

Wooden Ships/Iron Men
Chancellorsville
Midway
Gettysburg
Battle of the Bulge
D-Day
Victory in the Pacific
Kingmaker
War and Peace
Afrika Korps

Civil War (Victory Games) - claimed by my buddy Toonces who gave me Paths of Glory.

Please PM me what you want, and your mailing address.  I'll get back with shipping cost.

Please play them, or at least read the rules.  I love all of these games and moved them wherever I roamed for 40+ years.

airboy

airboy

Solops claimed Afrika Korps, 1776 and Battle of the Bulge.

airboy

Desatrix claimed Midway and Wooden Ships/Iron Men - pending figuring out postage to down under.

airboy

Comicsscars claimed D-Day, Gettysburg and Chancellorsville.

airboy

Quote from: airboy on July 19, 2020, 12:19:05 PM
My allergies have struck again.  My tabletop wargames that I had planned to play in retirement have  normal aged paper smell - that I'm allergic to.

I will gift any/all of these to someone who wants to play them.  All are Avalon Hill wargames in playable condition.  All are punched, all have been played, and they were published between 1964 and 1980.  It really hurts me to lose them, but they make me physically ill.  I'm copying the rules of my favorites and will play them on vassal.

I would like to have postage sent to me via paypal and I'll send them in USPS flat rate boxes (I think they all fit).  This is first come/you get it. 

Anything unclaimed by the end of August, 2020 will be sadly, sadly donated to a Christian Charity where they will probably lose units and never find the love they deserve.

Wooden Ships/Iron Men
Chancellorsville
Midway
Gettysburg
Battle of the Bulge
D-Day
Victory in the Pacific
Kingmaker
War and Peace
Afrika Korps

Civil War (Victory Games) - claimed by my buddy Toonces who gave me Paths of Glory.

Please PM me what you want, and your mailing address.  I'll get back with shipping cost.

Please play them, or at least read the rules.  I love all of these games and moved them wherever I roamed for 40+ years.

All have been claimed except:
Victory in the Pacific
War and Peace

airboy

Quote from: airboy on July 19, 2020, 06:59:12 PM
Desatrix claimed Midway and Wooden Ships/Iron Men - pending figuring out postage to down under.

Ouch!  That postage to send two games to the other end of the planet is pricey. 

PeaceFlower

I wish someone would send me a box of these.
They went so well with VITP and it
has been so looong since my last fix.

airboy

Due to the high price of shipping halfway around the world, the games available now are:

Wooden Ships & Iron Men
Midway
War & Peace

airboy

demjansk1942

That was nice of you to do this with your games, hope you feel better

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin