Main Menu

Crysis 4 announced

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 26, 2022, 06:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Gusington

IIRC I played, enjoyed and finished the first Crysis game but haven't played the others.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I remember the armored suit being a really big deal at the time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

See they have remastered versions...may have to try again at some point

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2022, 08:46:43 PM
I remember the armored suit being a really big deal at the time.

Wasn't just that...the graphics were way ahead of their time and the game is sometimes still used as a benchmark all these years after release. Pretty impressive what they accomplished back then.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Didn't say it was just that. I remember the benchmarking and such as well. Like I said I only actually played that first game...the original, not the remastered.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

They're all quite good, but I think the first one is probably the most Grog friendly because the open-ish island terrain really makes for some cool tactical choices, and the enemies actually speak Korean on harder difficulties.  Unfortunately, the game's quality falls off a cliff once you get past the island section and into the linear underground tunnels where you shoot floating aliens or whatever.

The sequels did a better job with the "alien" sequences because the aliens walk around like people so you can still sneak up and stab them or whatever... But still, nothing quite beats the feeling from the first game of crawling through the jungle foliage in a stealth suit, and ambushing guys who shout in panicked foreign language that I don't understand a lick of.  :)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao