Started by bayonetbrant, January 09, 2017, 11:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

NASA's SpaceX Crew-5 Launch to the International Space Station

https://www.twitch.tv/nasa

Launch in about 15 min.

ArizonaTank

I think this belongs in science....

Anyway, some folks in the UK have built a machine that uses AI and low wattage lasers to hunt cockroaches.

The article says: "The rationale is that pesticides are bad for the environment – at least, that was the excuse they gave in the abstract."

But something in the back of my brain is screaming that this is how "Terminators" get started.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/boffins-hunt-and-kill-cockroaches-with-machine-vision-laser/ar-AA12DNvW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7c9ab446e5f04693ab68ad3bf327f91c
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

Roach-inator?  ???  Won't the roaches just build something bigger?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

The question of whether humanity should be viewed by other artificial life in the same way that we view cockroaches--and who gets to decide that question--has been a recurring theme in science fiction.

If they ever take that aiming technology and hand it to the Imperial stormtroopers, the New Republic better look out!

GDS_Starfury

there's a Love Death & Robots episode about this.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Sigwolf

Well, that should certainly take care of anyone's concerns...

"But they pledged!"     :DD

steve58

A few 3rd party mods and add-on parts and you got

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Windigo

Quote from: steve58 on October 08, 2022, 09:57:11 AM
A few 3rd party mods and add-on parts and you got

but it will look like this...
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on September 26, 2022, 10:28:34 PM
Bullseye!

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/dart-s-final-images-prior-to-impact

The moonlet asteroid previously took nearly 12 hours to orbit the larger Didymos. Now, based on ground-based telescope observations, Dimorphos orbits the asteroid in 11 hours and 23 minutes, a change of about 4%.

NASA's first planetary defense test changes asteroid's orbit by 32 minutes
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

I think we're going to need a bigger boat.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Windigo

Somewhere the personified butterfly effect just woke up and thought, "Wut dis?"
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: steve58 on October 11, 2022, 04:46:27 PM
Quote from: steve58 on September 26, 2022, 10:28:34 PM
Bullseye!

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/dart-s-final-images-prior-to-impact

The moonlet asteroid previously took nearly 12 hours to orbit the larger Didymos. Now, based on ground-based telescope observations, Dimorphos orbits the asteroid in 11 hours and 23 minutes, a change of about 4%.

NASA's first planetary defense test changes asteroid's orbit by 32 minutes

This is great news!!!  Humanity has a chance!
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"