Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Skoop

That's kinda what I was saying in the Microsoft flight sim thread, nothing is more top gun than dcs.  The top gun dlc in msfs is just marketing gimmick, but dcs is the real deal.

Jarhead0331

South Atlantic map released today...hopefully, the F-15E is not too far behind.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

I'm just about to fire up the F14 and take her for a spin round the islands. Having been there in 1985, I'll be looking for at least some authenticity.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 11, 2022, 04:05:18 PM
I'm just about to fire up the F14 and take her for a spin round the islands. Having been there in 1985, I'll be looking for at least some authenticity.

Just remember, it's early access, so some parts are still rough around the edges. It's a HUGE map.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Yep  O0

Unfortunately my F14 is borked. The rudder and throttle assignments are showing as red circles with an exclamation mark in them. I assumed this meant a conflict but I can't see anything they conflict with.

It's not just graphical either. They do not work in game.i haven't played in a while but this wasn't a problem last time I played the F14. F18 worked fine, so I'm thinking there might be an issue with the module.

Can you check for me JH please? See if your F14 assignments show any issues or don't work?
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 12, 2022, 01:22:07 AM
Yep  O0

Unfortunately my F14 is borked. The rudder and throttle assignments are showing as red circles with an exclamation mark in them. I assumed this meant a conflict but I can't see anything they conflict with.

It's not just graphical either. They do not work in game.i haven't played in a while but this wasn't a problem last time I played the F14. F18 worked fine, so I'm thinking there might be an issue with the module.

Can you check for me JH please? See if your F14 assignments show any issues or don't work?

JD, I get those exclamation marks sometimes. I believe it means you have the setting mapped with more than one device. Look around really closely to make sure you don't have the setting mapped with multiple devices.  If so, it will prevent the control from working.  I bet that is the problem!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

I'll check it out again. Thanks. There's definitely no other AXIS assigned, but maybe there's a key binding or something.

I'll go investigate. Thanks
Alba gu' brath

Lowenstaat

Here's a collection of online flight sim books that might interest some of you:

https://www.flightsimbooks.com/

Gunship Academy and Jet Fighter School (I and II) by Richard Sheffield in particular could be helpful in some of your flying forays in DCS. He wrote them for older games, but the same principles apply to modern sims.

Hat tip to Real and Simulated Wars who posted a link to Gunship Academy in his DCS AH-64D Apache - Tactics Primer https://kriegsimulation.blogspot.com/2022/04/dcs-ah-64d-apache-tactics-primer.html .
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

Jarhead0331

Nice! Thanks for the link.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sigwolf

That makes me feel really old... I have about half those books still sitting on my shelves.   :nerd:

Jarhead0331

Not the most exciting aircraft for me personally, but I'm a DCS slut, so it will be a day one purchase for me. I also dig the cold war era stuff and this jet was operated by some interesting customers.

Due for release this Thursday...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Dammit Carl!

(gets hot-flashes and am not even a female)

:D

JasonPratt

Not a study sim yet.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!