What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Quote from: mirth on August 06, 2017, 03:20:55 PM
To be clear, it's not mine. I'm just lucky enough to play on it. The guy lives right down the street from me too.

Does he need a roommate?  :bd:

mirth

Quote from: acctingman on August 06, 2017, 05:51:19 PM
To be clear, it's not mine. I'm just lucky enough to play on it. The guy lives right down the street from me too.

I wish. The SOB has a hawt wife too.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on August 06, 2017, 06:06:30 PM
Quote from: acctingman on August 06, 2017, 05:51:19 PM

I wish. The SOB has a hawt wife too.

I thought Toonces was a few states over
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Toonces wishes he played games like that
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

I finally broke out Firefly: The Game. I had bought it probably 1.5 years ago and never took it out of shrink. Also got the Esmeralda expansion (adds a newer Firefly-class ship) last summer, but still never played it. Gale Force Nine sent me the Kalidasa and Crime & Punishment expansions so I put everything together today, and glad I was. It's a good game at heart. Takes up a helluva lot of table space, but I managed. Easily played solo, but would be a lot more fun with some other browncoats.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Played Star Trek: Ascendancy this evening.  It was fun but I did screw up some of the rules.  We all played it pretty conservatively and just held back from attacking one another while we built up our tech levels and resources.  Both the Klingons and the Romulans gained enough ascendancy tokens to win the game on the same turn so they attempted to lay a beating on one another.  The Klingons attacked one of my colonies with a 10 ship battlegroup but it was in a hazardous system so they lost 4 ships before the battle even started.  I had cloaked minefields and they took another 4 and my planetary defences had first strike capabilities so they took out the last two Klingon ships before they could even get a shot off.

My turn didn't go much better.  I tried to use cloaking tech to sneak past the Federation and Klingon fleets and take out their homeworlds but I just didn't have enough ships to pull it off.  Thankfully I was able to block off the starlanes leading to my planets so the Federation wasn't able to slip the knife in on the last turn and hand the victory to the Klingons as he had hoped to do.  (You destroy one little Federation outpost on your border early on in the game and they hold a grudge forever.)

We all enjoyed it but agreed that it'll be better once the new factions are added in and it goes from a 3 player game to a 3-5 player system.

JudgeDredd

Well, my new Advanced Platoon Leader, Target for Today and Israeli Air Force Leader have been thrown off the gaming table to put on...

...Star Wars Rebellion  O0
Alba gu' brath

Arctic Blast

Picked up a coffin box copy of Tide of Iron in a local trade, and figured I should grab as much stuff from the line as I can before it disappears. So now I have the revised core set, Normandy expansion, Stalingrad expansion and Fury of the Bear expansion. Today, I'll be playing the 'Let's go buy enough tackle boxes to store this metric ton of plastic and figure out how to sort it all out' game.

And I'll bust out the first scenario from Mechs vs. Minions, which is an insanely gorgeous production.

Silent Disapproval Robot

There's an updated version of Days of the Fox available now.   I guess it was in its production run when FFG and 1A pulled the plug on the series.  Asmodee's shipping out the remaining copies to distributors who ask for it.   If you ask your FLGS, they may be able to bring a copy in.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 07, 2017, 03:47:17 AM
Well, my new Advanced Platoon Leader, Target for Today and Israeli Air Force Leader have been thrown off the gaming table to put on...

Did you buy Imperial Assault?

trailrunner

My wife is out of town, so what do I do when I'm home alone?  Answer: I make labels for my ASL counter storage trays.

mirth

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 07, 2017, 04:35:48 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 07, 2017, 03:47:17 AM

Did you buy Imperial Assault?
Not yet - still contemplating. I wasn't sure about the mechanics. I watched a couple of plays on YT...they weren't appealing to me.
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

I've got Colonial Twilight (GMT) on my table, with a few more on the way (including Techno Bowl, St. George's Valor, and Gliders from the Sky), all of which I want to do reviews for. Not to mention more than a few others waiting for me...

I'm also going to get a copy of Flatline that I bought with a little survey reward (medical work - IN SPAAACE!).

My work anniversary has earned me a $100 Wal-Mart gift card so I'll probably add The Captain Is Dead to that list once that card arrives. :)

mirth