Bacon, the alpha and omega of meats

Started by Centurion40, February 01, 2012, 12:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epee1

Quote from: Centurion40 on February 13, 2012, 03:21:31 PM
Quote from: Epee1 on February 13, 2012, 03:17:50 PM
When I ate bacon, I liked slicing it myself.  I haven't eaten bacon in years.  (you knew I was gonna say that)

I do agree bacon is the best meat period.

You turn veggo or something???  :o

Nawww, but I'm 58, and can still do 70 good Marine style pushups in 1 minute.  It's called quality of life.  I keep a pretty strict diet and routine.  I'm only 10 pounds above my wrestling weight from high school and college.  Gotta stay in shape when the revolution starts, and I need to fight them thar Bolsheviks.  (kidding , no really I am, but not about the pushups)

Chicken and fish, with lots of veggies and oil supplements, THE GOOD kind of oil, ingested before you perverts jump in. lol

I could eat you guys under the table with junk food, but I just don't allow myself that luxury.  To many of my friends have issues now at my age because they did.

Anywho, I LOVE bacon, just don't eat it anymore.

LongBlade

Quote from: Epee1 on February 13, 2012, 06:34:23 PM
When I ate bacon, I liked slicing it myself.  I haven't eaten bacon in years.  (you knew I was gonna say that)

Nawww, but I'm 58, and can still do 70 good Marine style pushups in 1 minute.  It's called quality of life.  I keep a pretty strict diet and routine.  I'm only 10 pounds above my wrestling weight from high school and college.  Gotta stay in shape when the revolution starts, and I need to fight them thar Bolsheviks.  (kidding , no really I am, but not about the pushups)

Chicken and fish, with lots of veggies and oil supplements, THE GOOD kind of oil, ingested before you perverts jump in. lol

I could eat you guys under the table with junk food, but I just don't allow myself that luxury.  To many of my friends have issues now at my age because they did.

That's a well-reasoned, articulate post.

But you still sound like a Commie to me.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Epee1

COMMIE!  :o

Sabres at dawn, I fenced in college too.

(pretty funny LB)

LongBlade

Quote from: Epee1 on February 13, 2012, 09:05:55 PM
COMMIE!  :o

Sabres at dawn, I fenced in college too.

(pretty funny LB)

I've had a year of Kendo.

Not sure who, but one of us is going to get his butt kicked.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Epee1

I look forward to the lesson Grasshopper.

Martok

Quote from: LongBlade on February 13, 2012, 03:48:55 PM

Bacon, boobs, and vodka.

That might be a holy trinity.
Replace vodka with beer, and I might be forced to agree. 

It's called quality of life. 
My quality of life would be greatly adversely affected if I couldn't eat bacon anymore!  It's bad enough to be sex-less; if I were bacon-less as well, I might just have to commit seppuku... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Epee1

Didn't the Civil War era soldiers eat some form of smoked bacon as part of their rations?

Martok, after three witches for wives (will have to work now till I drop), I would eat bacon again before getting involved with another "modern" woman. lol

Centurion40

My hat is off to you sir! <insert tipped hat smiley here>

I'm 48 and have begun a 'lifestyle change' regime so that I'll see 58.  Bacon is still on the roster, but, admittedly, I think that I've had it twice this year (I know it's only February) whereas previously it was a weekly- or twice weekly treat.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Centurion40

Bacon cake!!!  The best of both worlds!!!

Centurion40

Centurion40

Centurion40

Centurion40

OMG!!!  Are these the same guys that made a lasagna out of Big Macs and Whoppers???!!!  Oh the bacon....