Chicken Sandwich Wars

Started by steve58, September 10, 2019, 04:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

I was (and still am) a fan of the Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Deluxe :notworthy:.  I always (well not always, but sometimes) wondered why Popeyes never had a chicken sandwich.  So when they introduced one last month, I had to go try it.  I managed to get 3 (I think) of the Spicy version over a 3-4 week period before they ran out >:(.  I probably need to eat a few dozen more :D to see if it can knock Chick-Fil-A off my personal favorite list.

So, which one is your favorite?  Popeyes, Chick-Fil-A, or some other local/chain?
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

al_infierno

The new Popeyes sandwich has been completely sold out everywhere I've gone to in the Bay Area ever since it was announced, so I'm of the impression that it's being artificially hyped up.  They already had a po boy sandwich for years, how much different and better can the new one really be?

Chick-Fil-A is still the king of fast-food chicken sandos IMO.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Barthheart

Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is my favourite. The only one that I've found that is actually spicy.

Wait... do you guys have Wendy's down there?

Staggerwing

Plenty of them there Wendy's down here in Nuevo Inglaterra.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Note to self: try the Popeye's chicken sandwich asap... (I keep forgetting it's there, and I'm not near one usually.)

Chik's chicken is great, no doubt, but Pop's for me is better. Also, their biscuits are epic, whereas Fil-A has...... soggy waffle fries.  :buck2:

Then again, CFA has their lemonade (and related products, like cheesecake)!  :bd:

But Pop has Po Boys, including crawfish in season (usually November).

....it's probably just as well that I don't live near anything other than a Subway with a Pizza Pro tacked on. That's more than enough for me.  :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Went off the keto diet today to try out Popeye's.  There's only one in the greater Vancouver area but it is reasonably close to my place.  I suspect because it's in Canuckistan but the menu was limited and the new sandwich was not available.  What they did have was pretty much bog standard fast food.  Breaded chicken meat that was stringy and thin.  Was not impressed at all.

Staggerwing

How long've you been on the keto diet SDR? Any notable results yet?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jamus34

Not a sammich but my personal favorite was Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets.

Wendy's spicy chicken sammich is also good but they put schtuff on it (mayo, lettuce, tomato)

Haven't tried the Popeyes yet.
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

Chik-Fil-A for me though I have not tried Popeyes. Wendy's is good too and I hear that KFC has a good chicken sandwich as well. I like my fried chicken on a plate, un-covered by bread, with a bone in it like God intended it to be.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

You can get bone-in chicken at Popeyes.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

al_infierno

I don't think Popeyes does the po boy anymore.  It was replaced by the new sando :(
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 10, 2019, 08:51:40 PM
How long've you been on the keto diet SDR? Any notable results yet?

Year and a half with breaks thrown in every 6-8 weeks.   Lost 45 lbs in 3 months and have been stable since.

JasonPratt

Quote from: al_infierno on September 11, 2019, 12:09:16 PM
I don't think Popeyes does the po boy anymore.  It was replaced by the new sando :(

gasssssssp! --- HERESY!!  >:(

{checks last time I even walked into a Popeyes}{let alone bought a po boy}

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd