Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Gaming / Twenty Years of ARMA
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 10:08:13 AM »
The 20th Anniversary stream starts in about an hour. Sadly, they seem to have preemptively acknowledged that there will be no new game announcement during the event.  :'(

Are there any JTS titles covering Army Group North on the eastern front? They all seem to be Group Center and South for some reason.
SB Red Victory does. I think SB Advance of the Reich has a couple, although there are a lot of user made scenarios which cover this for both games. Tanks at Rossienie immediately springs to mind. FWIW, Rossienie is a 1941 battle about the push into Lithuania.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there isn't anything in the Panzer Campaigns series that covers AGN and the drive to Leningrad?

You are correct, and I really wonder why. This is a huge gap in the coverage of the eastern front series.
Computer Gaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 09:39:14 AM »
That's a good policy. Jealous wives are never a good thing. Well, maybe a little.... :-"
Are there any JTS titles covering Army Group North on the eastern front? They all seem to be Group Center and South for some reason.
SB Red Victory does. I think SB Advance of the Reich has a couple, although there are a lot of user made scenarios which cover this for both games. Tanks at Rossienie immediately springs to mind. FWIW, Rossienie is a 1941 battle about the push into Lithuania.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there isn't anything in the Panzer Campaigns series that covers AGN and the drive to Leningrad?
VR Gaming / PIMAX 8K X
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 08:42:11 AM »
I started looking at these recently due to some very favorable reviews as compared to the G2. I saw that it is "Prime Day" on Amazon and since I was saving about $300 off of the price, I decided to splurge.

This has a 200 degree FOV and although most users experience slightly less sharpness than the G2, they all almost universally state that the sweet spot is much larger and the benefits of having such a wide FOV drastically make-up for any loss in sharpness and clarity.

I'll report my experience upon receipt. This will be my sixth VR headset. You think I'm a believer?

Computer Gaming / Re: Windows 11 leaked Windows 10 set to retire 2025
« Last post by solops on Today at 07:30:13 AM »
Windows 11: Meet the new OS, same as the old OS (or close enough)

I keep naively hoping that Windows 11 will be a significant change from 10, but I know that's more than likely a pipe dream.

Can we just bring back windows 7 with the the option to have a windows xp/classic looking gui?
+1
Computer Gaming / Re: Road Warrior traditional Roguelike Car WArgame
« Last post by MiniHexer on Yesterday at 11:27:39 PM »
Looks like a post apocalypse Dwarf Fortress!

If you know the old steve jackson game CAR WARS your on the right track, its called road warrior because I cant call it ??? Max :)
Computer Gaming / Re: Windows 11 leaked Windows 10 set to retire 2025
« Last post by CapnKirk on Yesterday at 09:51:06 PM »
Windows 11: Meet the new OS, same as the old OS (or close enough)

I keep naively hoping that Windows 11 will be a significant change from 10, but I know that's more than likely a pipe dream.

Can we just bring back windows 7 with the the option to have a windows xp/classic looking gui?
Computer Gaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by CapnKirk on Yesterday at 09:27:13 PM »
Thanks guys!  I've gotta be careful, don't want to make the wife jealous by posting such spicy pics on the nets.
Computer Gaming / Re: Road Warrior traditional Roguelike Car WArgame
« Last post by Boggit on Yesterday at 09:13:30 PM »
Looks like a post apocalypse Dwarf Fortress!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10