Rise of the Rodents - Distant Worlds Universe AAR (reboot)

Started by Yskonyn, June 02, 2014, 05:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Rise of the Rodents Contents

Part 1 - Starting Out!

Part 2 - Settling In
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Martok

Cool!  I don't know that I've ever played a game as the Ugnari, so this will be fun to follow. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

undercovergeek

is this an add on or stand alone because im feeling the urge already and i dont usually like 4x space games

MetalDog

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 02, 2014, 03:45:56 PM
is this an add on or stand alone because im feeling the urge already and i dont usually like 4x space games

If it's a game, and you can play it, you want it.  Might as well admit it :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Yskonyn

UG: DW Universe is standalone. Its is the original game with all the expansions bundled and then the latest 'modding expansion'.

OJsDad: I am using Das123's Chrome mod which changes the UI buttons, resource icons and flags. Then I am using parts of the GEM mod to enhance the picturesof ruins and landscapes and then I have a few mods of my own to top it off; edited exhaust effects, edited weapons effects, a different damaged component icon for better visibility and a custom galaxy backdrop.

I host a zip file with my stuff if you want?

As for the AAR; thanks for showing interest! I'll have no time to update today due to work but expect a new entry shortly! :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

I for one welcome our new Nibblesnarl overlord.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

I am holding off until patch 1.9.5.2 is released as it has some much needed fixes to the civilian side of the empire.
It should be due any day now and then our saga will continue properly.

Yskonyn

Sorry for the delay guys. This is definately going to continue soon. Please stand by.

Martok

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Yskonyn

With the flurry of patches lately I found it difficult to gauge when to start again, but I think 1.9.5.5 is the version to go with.
Expect an update soon (tm).

Yskonyn

Ok, reboot incoming.
The Nibblesnarf Trading Corp is re-examined in an alternate galaxy!  C:-)

Vanilla game, save for various graphical mods. Game version 1.9.5.9.
Ugnari race.
We will play in the Pre-Warp era. Normal pirates (we will pay them off to become our slaves!), no space creatures (they're a real pain in the butt), 700 stars, 8x8 grid galaxy, 12 other nations which are free to develop. Independents can become full nations.
Colonization limited to 1.5 sectors, which will keep tabs on wild grow of nations across the galaxy, but gives us enough oppertunities to engage in trade.
Tech trading allowed, no resource regen.

I am sorting out screenshots and writing part 1. Expected to be posted in the next few days!  O0

Martok