Main Menu

Star Citizen

Started by Jarhead0331, June 04, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 07, 2019, 12:32:06 PM
JH I cannot wait to experience this in multiplayer to have some fun. My Freelancer has three spare crewseats and I reckon with the bunks we can invite at least 4 more! :)

Btw how does it work if you want to take a vehicle on your trip? I don't see any clear method to have it spawn with your ship? Are vehicles still tied to other game modes perhaps?

Destraex my performance is top notch. Smooth framerates save for some light stutters when a new scene loads. This is on an SSD.
But I haven't checked out the vast urban expanse of ArcCorp yet.
What are your specs? My performance was horrible even with a ssd. I need to do some serious work on my pc anyways I suspect. My install is something like 7yrs old and playing up a bit lately.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

I'm having the best performance under the current build than I have ever had. Very smooth and stable. My install in not on my SSD.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Nothing fancy anymore by today's standards save for the videocard:
Intel z87 chipset
i5 4670K 3.4 Ghz
32GB RAM
GTX1080
Samsung Evo SSD
Soundblaster AE5
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

This guy's first 5 minutes mimic my own attempts to get into Star Citizen. Admittedly, he stuck with it more doggedly than myself. I'll get back to it one day (perhaps)

Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

^ I didn't know the singer of The Proclaimers was a gamer  :crazy2:. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNlMtqrYS0 )

Yskonyn

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 08, 2019, 07:12:09 AM
This guy's first 5 minutes mimic my own attempts to get into Star Citizen. Admittedly, he stuck with it more doggedly than myself. I'll get back to it one day (perhaps)

Well I've watched about 7 mins of it and I must say that he sounds surprisingly incapable as a gamer. :) SC being in alpha state should mean enough to prevent anyone bitching as hard as he does about framerate and gameplay cohesiveness.

If he just had been a bit more patient, perhaps scrolled through the keybinds menu for a bit he would have made life quite a bit easier on himself. Lol. I am sorry but its all a bit whiney and if you're that incapableas a gamer you shouldn't come near alpha's anyway. :D

@Pete I snickered there, buddy. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 08, 2019, 09:22:30 AM
Well I've watched about 7 mins of it and I must say that he sounds surprisingly incapable as a gamer.

Later on (10:40) he places SC somewhere between the ease of No Man's Sky and the intimidating intricacy of Elite Dangerous #:-) ???.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 08, 2019, 09:22:30 AM
SC being in alpha state should mean enough to prevent anyone bitching as hard as he does about framerate and gameplay cohesiveness.

Um, he had a point regarding framerate at least.  Did you watch it?  It was more or less a slideshow for him a lot of the time.

Yskonyn

I listened more than I watched and I am sure he did, but he also went on a lenghty intro speech about the prior history of the game and the state of the gameplay.
So IMO he shouldn't bitch about performance issues knowing full well the PTU isn't optimized and is called Alpha. To me he indicated not being very well versed in the meaning of alpha's, being overly dramatic cause that's what gets him views or a little of both.

He should go back to making music is all I am saying. :D

Huw the Poo

The rest of your criticisms are perfectly valid, but performance - no.  Whatever else is said about SC, its fans will always say it's at least playable.  But for him, it wasn't.

JudgeDredd

Well I thought it was funny...it's why I posted it. Fuck me, if only I'd known.

Actually further on in the video, certainly at the end and several times throughout, he says he enjoyed it, regardless of the issues he came across. I am paraphrasing, so shoot me  :-"
Alba gu' brath

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 08, 2019, 01:22:02 PM
Well I thought it was funny...it's why I posted it. Fuck me, if only I'd known.

Um...what's the problem?!

QuoteActually further on in the video, certainly at the end and several times throughout, he says he enjoyed it, regardless of the issues he came across. I am paraphrasing, so shoot me  :-"

Yeah he does, which is actually reassuring as I'm still planning to buy it soon.

Yskonyn

Err.. to be sure the 'he' in my post is the video guy, not you JD. Just in case you are refering to my posts.  \m/

Destraex

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 08, 2019, 12:25:36 AM
Intel z87 chipset
i5 4670K 3.4 Ghz
32GB RAM
GTX1080
Samsung Evo SSD
Soundblaster AE5

My CPU is letting me down. I pretty much have the same specs as you. EXCEPT my CPU is an i5 3570k. I might try setting it to medium :P.

Also in other news. Another mate of mine told me that a few days ago he saw a piece saying that the devs only had < than 100 million left and were spending at an average of 30 million a year? That's still a long time to be able to finish this sucka. But it does get you thinking about whether it is enough. I will try to get the article out of him but I doubt he will have it. I cannot see it on failure to report or bored gamer youtube. So I doubt it is fresh news. He may be talking about the recent forbes article I guess.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on May 08, 2019, 06:58:03 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on May 08, 2019, 12:25:36 AM
Intel z87 chipset
i5 4670K 3.4 Ghz
32GB RAM
GTX1080
Samsung Evo SSD
Soundblaster AE5

My CPU is letting me down. I pretty much have the same specs as you. EXCEPT my CPU is an i5 3570k. I might try setting it to medium :P.

Also in other news. Another mate of mine told me that a few days ago he saw a piece saying that the devs only had < than 100 million left and were spending at an average of 30 million a year? That's still a long time to be able to finish this sucka. But it does get you thinking about whether it is enough. I will try to get the article out of him but I doubt he will have it. I cannot see it on failure to report or bored gamer youtube. So I doubt it is fresh news. He may be talking about the recent forbes article I guess.

The article is on page 27 of this thread, which is where the discussion of it follows. Its old news which gets recycled every year.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18