Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Hi guys,

We have a 'Share your screenshots' thread so why not one for videos as well?  These days the trend in watching other people play games is rising so why not have a groghead contribution to the rage?

This is my first YouTube video and it's probably not the best quality so any criticism is welcome.  I played an arcade session of War Thunder today on my PS4 and created a movie with Share Factory.  I haven't dared tried simulation mode in War Thunder because I'm too chicken but arcade mode has been entertaining me quite well.  It's been a while since I've played WT however and I was happy with my first outing and decided to share the action with you.  Hope you like it!

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Barthheart

Great idea!  O0

Cool vid! Is War Thunder like World of Tanks?

W8taminute

^Thanks!

The tank portion of the game is somewhat similar to WoT.  The maps in War Thunder are definitely larger and therefor allow for more tactics and sneaking around than in WoT.  WoT plays easier I think but WT offers, even in arcade mode, a little bit more in terms of realistic physics and handling. 

I would say that when you have the energy to think and strategize a bit play WT, but when you just want a series of relaxed sessions without too much thought play WoT.  I don't mean to knock one game down and promote the other.  Both of these games offer large doses of entertainment depending on what kind of mood you are in. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

RooksBailey

Nice video!  You have reminded me that I really need to get back to WT.  I was really looking forward to the open beta of the tank warfare portion, but after playing it for a single day I just forgot about it for some reason. 

Is Share Factory your video channel?

Maybe the mods should sticky this thread?  I am sure others will have videos to share in the future.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Rayfer

Great idea and great video.  Look foward to more!!

W8taminute

Hi Rooks,

Share Factory is an app for the Playstation 4 that you can use to create movie projects.  I do have a YouTube channel under the username W8taminute1941.   ;)

W8taminute

Quote from: Rayfer on July 15, 2014, 07:04:58 PM
Great idea and great video.  Look foward to more!!

You asked for it you got it!

Here are my mission results from another session of War Thunder, only this time in the air.  I died a silly death in this movie but come back to redeem myself after I respawn.

Nefaro

I recorded a few of my dogfights in Wings Over Flanders Fields earlier this year.  I encountered some historical aces in a couple of them and the others were from a (short) career contest in an Albatros. 

*Watch them on YouTube for up to 720p resolution options*

This one will give you an idea how bad the SPAD's forward view was.  Sopwiths had far better visibility than these!

Full list including four more vids here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/NefariousKoel/videos

I didn't make any commentary over them, as I only recorded the fights not the flying around on patrol parts.  The dogfights were pretty self-explanatory being mostly habit & instinct.  Although I did have to use different tactics between flying the Sopwith Pup or Albatros (more turn fighting) versus the SPAD VII (more vertical maneuvers). 

I haven't done any "Let's Play" type stuff for strategy games yet.  These little dogfight videos take little to get them up, but my upload speeds aren't terribly good either (my local "village" is one of the few that doesn't have Google Fiber yet here in KC) so they still take some time to upload 720p vids. 

Jarhead0331

I would really like to start making videos. What software do you guys use? Is there any good freeware?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 15, 2014, 09:14:52 PM
I would really like to start making videos. What software do you guys use? Is there any good freeware?

I used the built-in 'ShadowPlay' feature on my Nvidia GTX760.  I think it only works on the newer series 7 cards, though.  Maybe some of the higher-end GTX6** series too?

What's cool is that, besides just plain recording your gameplay, you can also set it to record a specific amount of time prior to your present time.  So you don't have to use up a bunch of recording space on your drive that you won't be using.  Although the earlier version of ShadowPlay I used would occasionally get a digital vid glitch (I think there is a very brief example in one of my vids).

The recording quality is okay in ShadowPlay, and you can do some basic adjustments.  My vids above can be tough to make out little details at lower resolutions just because the game's colors are mostly dark earthy tones - so it can be tough to spot other aircraft, for example.  The recordings turned out alright.  I believe there was a recent ShadowPlay update too.

Dunno if you even have a ShadowPlay compatible video card, but it's nice because 1) It's Free!  and 2) It's easy to use.

RooksBailey

Quote from: W8taminute on July 15, 2014, 07:06:55 PM
Hi Rooks,

Share Factory is an app for the Playstation 4 that you can use to create movie projects. 

That is cool how it puts a graphic on your vid like that!

QuoteI would really like to start making videos. What software do you guys use? Is there any good freeware?

I use Bandicam.  It is freeware and available here.  I don't make many videos, so the most recent vid I made was back in January where I attempted a recreation of a battle I had take place in Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.  I'd thought it would be interesting to see it from a 3D perspective:

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

GDS_Starfury

do they have to be game videos?   :smitten:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Nefaro

No snuff films or selfies of your junk!

Nefaro

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.